The Construction Site Manager will work on location at client job sites as the Owner’s Representative supervising projects and interfacing with client personnel and sub-contractors. Construction projects may involve repair, remediation or new installations for industrial facilities (manufacturing plants, distribution centers, warehouses, cold storage).
- The Construction Site Supervisor will work closely with client onsite leadership and represent the owner’s interest in new and ongoing site construction projects.
- The Construction Site Supervisor is responsible for effective (safe, quality, timely, cost effective) execution of construction project work on site, through planning, coordination and control of a construction resources and activities from inception to project close-out.
- The position includes supervisory responsibility for all onsite construction activities through completion, including oversight of daily subcontractor work and coordination with Owner’s operations.
- The Construction Site Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all materials of construction and methods of construction conform to company, industry, and regulatory standards, specifications, and requirements.
- Will prepare daily reports and maintain project schedules of anticipated project construction activities, review plans and specifications, conduct project coordination meetings and regular on-site safety inspections.
- This is a full time career oriented position and requires flexibility to travel to and work on construction job sites for extended periods.
- 5+ years’ related experience as a Construction Site Supervisor (10 years is preferred).
- Experience as Construction Site Supervisor in industrial structures aimed at the food, beverage, and consumer products, pharmaceutical or related industries preferred.
- Successfully completed industrial projects with values ranging from $500K to $20M.
- Project experience and working knowledge of piping systems and ability to read P&IDs.
- Past pre-construction estimating skills and experience are desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and Project is desired.
- Some experience within active operating manufacturing Facilities is preferred.
- Travel: Flexibility for travel to and work on jobsites for extended periods is required. The vast majority of this travel will be regional to construction jobsites or for assignments at client facilities to provide supervision oversight of construction activities.
- BS Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related technical degree field preferred
- Equivalent years of experience as a Construction Site Supervisor for large industrial or manufacturing structures can be substituted for degree
Licenses and Certifications
- OSHA30 or 10 hour training and certification desired