Gannett Fleming Canada is looking an experienced construction management professional for the role of Contract Administrator/ Construction Manager to join our team in Toronto. The Contract Administrator/ Construction Manager will assist in the management of transportation construction projects for our Clients in the GTHA. Our construction management and inspection capabilities satisfy the most selective clients. We effectively control our clients’ costs, deliver their projects on time, and meet strict regulatory needs while maintaining long-lasting relationships from the pre-construction stage until long after project completion
The Contract Administrator/ Construction Manager be the resident at the place of work when the construction activities are being carried out and manage the Construction Contract Administration and Site Inspectors during the construction and post construction phase.
- Establish a safety-first culture for all construction projects.
- Review and make technical recommendations regarding the work, construction progress, schedule, payment application, requests for supplemental instruction, change orders, change directives and environmental compliance.
- Effectively manage resolution of construction related issues.
- Perform compliance reviews of activities for AFP projects.
- Chair, record and distribute minutes for all site meetings associated with the construction.
- Provide daily, weekly, and monthly reports to the Client identifying issues.
- Manage the project close out phase including certificate of substantial completion, punch list and receipt of as-builts.
- Ability to clearly communicate, in writing and verbally, with project team members and company management about relevant construction systems and processes.
- Maintain knowledge of contracts, drawings, estimates, and specifications to ensure relation and compliance to construction/project requirements.
- Provide support to coordinate, direct and monitor activities of contractors/subcontractors, engineers, architects, and related performing entities.
- Coordinate and carry out inspections during the construction of the work to verify compliance with the contract documents.
- Review the quality of the contractors work and provide report to client.
- Review and provided comments related to constructability and biddability for construction documents, for multi-disciplinary projects, including property and utilities.
- Leads, coordinates, schedules, assigns, and inspects the work activities of assigned staff, consultants, and contractors for assigned projects.
- Oversees reviews of submittals, requests for information, and field clarifications; and verifies quality control to ensure compliance and accountability with the contract documents and all current and applicable local, provincial and federal codes, laws, rules and regulations, and Agency policies and procedures.
- Reviews the work sequences, interfaces and time durations in schedules to identify potential conflicts, and to ensure that work is efficiently planned and executed.
- Provides suggestions on how to expedite work to meet schedule requirements and tracks schedule delays and reasons for delays.
- Ensures contract compliance to technical plans and specifications; and reviews documentation and files for accuracy and completeness, including daily reports and construction logs.
- Assists in the administration and implementation of projects related to contracts and program phases such as design, permitting, procurement, and construction.
- Assists in the development of the assigned program's/project’s annual budget; participates in the forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; ensures that project expenditures and cost estimates are adequately documented and monitored to their completion; reviews and approves expenditures; and implements adjustments.
Education | Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- OACETT Designation (C.E.T, C.Tech, A.Sc.T)
- Certification as a Certified Construction Contract Administrator (CCCA) from a Construction Specification Canada (CS) is an asset.
- Minimum of 8-10 years in construction engineering experience that includes field construction, contract administration, estimating, negotiations; project and design management.
- Experience with a Class 1 Railway and working within a right of way is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in analyzing schedules/progress measurement and monitoring critical path, delays, impact of changes.
- Demonstrated on-site construction administration experience in construction of transit, commercial and municipal infrastructure.
- Preference will be given to candidates with direct experience on large scale transit projects or transportation infrastructure
- Must be comfortable in both professional office and field work environments
- Proficient in MS Word / Excel / Outlook and project scheduling tools.
- Knowledge of pertinent federal, provincial, and local laws, codes, and regulations as they apply to transit operations.
- Proven understanding of industry standards within construction, health and safety codes and regulations
- Skill in documenting and assessing field conditions, RFI’s and change orders.
- Excellent listening, communication, and organizational skills.
- Experience in directing technical field staff including inspectors.
- Experience in resolving claims.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written.
- Valid driver’s license required; this position requires use of personal vehicle in good working order.
- Flexibility to travel to construction sites for extended periods and work outside of normal business hours.
Life at Gannett Fleming
For more than 100 years, we’ve been a leader in global infrastructure solutions with a focus on planning, design, technology, and construction management services for a diverse array of markets and disciplines. Across more than 60 offices, 2,500+ highly qualified professionals are united in an unyielding commitment to deliver excellence to every client and every project, every day.
Gannett Fleming is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veterans status or other characteristics protected by law.
Gannett Fleming will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa), including any visa renewal during employment, for any candidate for this position. No relocation assistance will be provided for this position. Local residents will be given preference.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE: Unsolicited resumes from third party agencies will not be accepted.
Location: Toronto Ontario, Toronto Canada
Working Hours: 8 AM – 5 PM
Employment Status: Full-time
Internal Requisition ID: 2020-7029