This position is responsible for managing day-to-day onsite operations for individual construction projects from Pre-Construction through the Close-Out Phase. This includes but is not limited to, procuring, scheduling and directing of work crews, equipment, and materials. Individual must be able to construct projects in accordance with construction designs, plans and specifications. Must have the ability to read design drawings and ensure that the project is being constructed in accordance within project guidelines, on and within budget.
Position may involve performing other duties as required, which may not be mentioned below. Specific duties may change from time to time.
- Review and understand proposals, estimates, plans, drawings, specifications and related documents; analyzing labor, material, equipment and time requirements
- Complete accountability for onsite operations of specific construction projects from the Pre-Construction Phase to the Construction Phase through to the Project Close out Phase.
- Maintain continual communications with Customer, suppliers.
- Manage multiple and their time .
- Work with engineers, environmental teams, owners, vendors, suppliers, etc.
- Follow and enforce all applicable safety precautions and programs, and shall thoroughly read, understand, and follow Charah Solutions Standard Operating Procedures for construction management. Must understand OSHA requirements in the construction industry and all customer requirements for safe execution of project deliverables.
- Demonstrate informative and professional assistance when working with customers, , vendors, and co-workers.
- Display excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Maintain initiative to meet and exceed the project construction .
- Work under stress and with commitment to .
- Complete projects and/or reports in accurate and timely manner
- Minimum of 10 years of experience working in a construction environment is required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of construction management or supervision experience is required.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Additional credits or degree would be a plus.
- Ability to operate heavy construction equipment and possession of a current CDL is a plus.
- Must have OSHA 30 Certification or the ability to acquire.
- Must have experience in site grading/heavy construction; including mass excavations, embankments, hauling and placement of transported materials, utility construction. Landfill construction or operation experience is preferred.
- Experience in utilization of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- Must be able to read engineered drawings and blueprints. Must be able to read grade stakes and use a level.
- Valid driver’s license required
Work Environment & Conditions
- This position requires a flexible work : nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to climb, maintain body equilibrium, reach, grasp, bend and walk/stand/sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to hear and see naturally or with correction
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Be subject to loud noises
- Be subject to atmospheric conditions - one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: fumes, odor, dust, mists, gases, or poor ventilation
- This position requires working in the and external environment
- Ability to work independently, as a team, and team leader
- Ability to work under pressure with time constraints in a changing environment
- Act independently and originate new procedures and new approaches to problems
- Sustain interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both and externally
- Maintain company information in a confidential manner