CH2M is looking for a highly motivated Construction Manager (CM) to work as part of our Metro-Atlanta project team. Our Construction Management jobs provide aspiring construction professionals with an opportunity to help our clients around the globe build our world’s infrastructure. Duties will include serving as the Construction Manager for water and wastewater projects (including treatment plant, pump station, and pipeline projects).
The CM’s role is to serve as the main point of contact for the client, contractor and design engineer and to assist in the administrative work required to execute the contract between the client and contractor. The CM must communicate with all members of the project team. The CM will conduct technical reviews of contractor submittals, resolve project delivery challenges, conduct quality assurance inspection, provide contractor oversight, review design change notifications, and project deliverables to ensure project completion.
The desirable candidate should be a self-motivated professional with a proven track record of successfully coordinating technical issues on construction projects as well as have a desire to grow personally and professionally with each construction project. Candidates must have 10 years of experience in Construction, Project Management, or Engineering; with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a Construction Management role. Experience with water/wastewater/conveyance construction is preferred.
Our Construction Managers:
- Work with CH team in making project decisions regarding technical approaches, cost control, schedule control, change management, risk management, and performance.
- Work closely with project delivery and construction management leadership who provide oversight and mentoring concerning program procedures and client culture.
- Act as the primary project interface with the client, designer, contractor, facility/municipal operations and field personnel, and ongoing constructioncontracts.
- Provide motivation and leadership to the construction project team through site mobilization, execution, and demobilization activities, consistent with established project delivery processes to ensure the orderly, efficient, and timely completion of the project scope.
- Lead project meetings with contractor and stakeholders effectively delivering results in a timely manner.
- Actively manage and report on the status of the project schedule and budget. Monitor the contract progress and make recommendation to client for contractor payments.
- Work to build a cooperative partnership between the client, contractor, and all stakeholders to ensure timely resolution of project issues and the overall success of the project.
- Develop, review and/or approve of all reports or other written deliverables.
- Lead the CM Team in monitoring constructioncontractor operations for process conformance with the approved quality control plan, schedules, proactive change management, pay requests, contract closeout, and record drawings in accordance with construction documents.
- Implement, monitor and adjust Risk Management Plan (RMP) as required to meet the needs of the project and the changing construction environment in conjunction with the program RMP.
- Demonstrate effective risk management and mitigation practices through proper risk identification, assessment, tracking and communication.
- Effectively implement the three-phase quality process through preparatory, initial and follow-on phases. Ensure all construction is in compliance with design specifications through effective leadership of both CH2M and client staff.
- Ensure the completion of the scope of work to the satisfaction of our client, while simultaneously ensuring that CH2M’s safety, environmental, and project performance expectations are upheld. Including leading the construction team in establishing a site-wide safe working culture.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- 10 years of experience in Construction, Project Management, or Engineering; with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a Construction Management role, preferably water project experience
- Proficient in the use of computer to prepare reports using Microsoft Office programs.
- Excellent working knowledge of constructionscheduling.
- Proficient with web based construction document management platforms and emails.
- Able to read and understand construction drawings and specifications.
- Able to easily move around active construction site safely and effectively.
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent team leader/player with exceptional interpersonal skills to deliver results.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related engineering discipline
- Certificate in Construction Management; or ability to obtain within 6 months