Primary Purpose of Position:
- Manage appropriately sized construction projects for tenant improvements and large capital expenditures from inception to completion. Appropriate size is determined by the size of the region, the level of the CM in his/her experience, and the current projects in place in the region.
- Provide day-to-day management, supervision, and coordination of construction activities, representing Boston Properties' interest.
- Ensure that construction standards and the quality of workmanship are maintained to Boston Properties standards for all assigned projects.
- Create and prepare for execution contract documents with General Contractor.
- Review and monitor preparation of design and construction documents, prepared by the design team.
- Review, approve and submit invoices for payment with appropriate back-up documentation in accordance with the Company's Authorization and Approval Matrix.
- Issue and take responsibility for change orders and field orders.
- Monitor and review RFI and submittal process.
- Resolve technical and schedule issues, providing leadership and direction with external parties.
- As appropriate, review and negotiate prime or subcontractor scope of work and prepare recommendation for award.
- Manage and take responsibility for punch list process, ensuring timely completion of corrective work.
- Inspect work in process on a frequent basis and provide feedback to the GC to ensure project is in compliance with all specifications.
- Lead weekly construction coordination meetings.
- Develop relationships and manage the interface (communicating both verbally and in writing) on a daily basis with design team, general contractors, city/town/township officials, inspectors and public utilities.
- Develop relationships and manage the interface (communicating both verbally and in writing) on a daily basis and Boston Properties staff in Development, Leasing, Property Management, and Legal.
- Provide direction in the design process by providing budget, schedule, and constructability input.
- Develop, monitor, maintain and enforce project schedules. Develop remediation plans if needed.
- Maintain Boston Properties' record set of documents to include drawings and CAD files.
- Manage project closeout activities with contractors to include and not be limited to acceptance and completion of project, and ensuring final payment is secured.
- Manage project closeout activities with internal parties to ensure all required items are complete.
- Provide direction between design and construction phases of each project
- Coordinate with BP Property Management team to initiate contact with neighboring tenants and resolve any issues or conflicts satisfactorily.
- Prepare (develop, validate and maintain) cost estimates as needed for all construction-related needs.
- Develop Landlord and Tenant Work Letter requirements with Leasing Department related to construction scope.
- Execute Work Letter portion of lease agreements.
- Prepare any Request for Proposal, bid documents, bid analysis, award letters for general contractors or sub contractors.
- Manage and coordinate turnover requirements.
- Establish and maintain relationships with permit plan reviewers and inspectors.
- Support more senior Construction staff with specific assignments and projects within the region.
- Serve as a resource for more junior Construction staff providing project oversight.
- Participate in industry events.
- Participate in Boston Properties’ construction-related events.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degreerequired with a concentration in construction technology, building construction, civil engineering or architecturepreferred.
- A minimum 3 to 7 years of progressively responsibleexperiencerequired with a commercial real estate developer, general contractor, construction management or closely related company.
- Previous estimating and start to finish project management experiencerequired.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications to include Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project, and scheduling software such as Sure Trak
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a fax and printer.
- Involves work such as tours throughout property portfolio, including to construction sites, usually performed by walking, climbing stairs and climbing construction ladders.
- Involves movement between departments to facilitate work.
- Involves lifting plans or boxes of 25 pounds or more occasionally.