Primary Purpose of Position:
- Manage all facets of construction projects throughout Embarcadero Center and the San Francisco Region from inception to completion.
- Provide day-to-day management, technical direction, supervision and coordination of construction activities while representing Boston Properties’ interest in all assigned projects.
- Coordination, review and interpretation of contract documents.
- Select Qualified Contractors for competitive bidding, review and qualify bids, award the work and directly supervise the performance of the contractor throughout each Tenant Improvement Project.
- Manage billings and invoicing for Tenant Improvement Projects and maintain accurate project cost records, ensuring invoices are approved and submitted in a timely manner.
- Conduct regular, detailed project management meetings with consultants, architects, engineers, and tenant vendors to assist with completing projects on schedule and on budget.
- Review, approval and submission of invoices for payment with appropriate back-up documentation.
- Coordination of change order process.
- Monitor General Contractor’s schedule.
- Monitoring and reviewing RFI and submittal process.
- Ensure that the construction standards and level of quality of workmanship are maintained throughout the Center.
- Report status of contractor compliance with standards to other Boston Properties employees.
- Maintain the highest level of tenant relations and departmental standards for quality of work.
- Track and monitor all construction activity throughout all areas at the Embarcadero Center.
- Represent Boston Properties’ interests while providing technical direction to the architect, engineer and contractor on all projects to achieve Boston Properties objectives.
- Assist with supervision and direction of special projects as required.
- Assist and support the Construction Department head with specific projects within the region as directed.
- Interact with various City inspectors and City officials as required to achieve Boston Properties objectives.
- Maintain all construction files and keep current at all times.
- Prepare cost estimates as needed for all construction-related needs.
- Develop and administer Landlord and Tenant Work Letter requirements related to construction scope.
- Communicate with and coordinate communication between tenants, architects, engineers and contractors.
- Communicate with and coordinate communication between Boston Properties leasing and property management departments as related to construction.
- Collect and track all project information prior to start date.
- Create and track constructioncontracts.
- Collect and track construction close-out documentation.
- Provide leadership in construction coordination meetings.
- Manage relationships and interface directly with all construction related stakeholders
- Prepare constructionreports as required for senior management
- Prepare and administer RFP’s and bid packages
- Resolve technical and schedule issues
- Foster and maintain relationships with Bay Area construction industry
- Participate in industry events.
- Participate in Boston Properties’ construction-related events.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- A BA/BS degreerequired with a concentration in Construction Management, Civil Engineering or Architecture preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years of progressively responsibleexperience in a construction or construction-related field required.
- Experience with any of the following disciplines is preferred: tenant improvement projects; commercial retail development, restaurant and retail space design with emphasis on pre-construction services; contract administration; direct experience in specific constructiontrades or in an engineering field.
- Previous staff management experiencepreferred.
- High degree of motivation and energy.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills coupled with the ability to resolve difficult situations and conflict efficiently and professionally.
- Detail oriented, with strong analytical, organizational and coordination skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and to work under pressure while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Self-confident individual with leadership abilities and accelerated growth potential.
- Ability to operate independently while also performing as a member of a team.
- Superior verbal and written skills.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed sitting such as operation of a computer.
- Involves work of a general office nature usually performed standing such as operation of a fax and printer.
- Involves movement between departments and buildings to facilitate work.
- Must be able to traverse projects on a daily basis. Embarcadero Center is situated on 4 city blocks and retail areas are located on three different levels.
- Lifting is necessary and generally requires lifting and moving plans and/or boxes generally weighing 20-30 lbs.