Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level.
Together with London-based partner Knight Frank and independently-owned offices, NKF's 14,100 professionals operate from more than 400 offices in established and emerging property markets on six continents.
Responsible for construction management services, providing assistance with all pre-construction activities, the presenting of the design construction documents and specifications, and managing and coordinating all constructions activities, change order reviews, applications for payment, review and approval, cost control and overall project management.
Essential Job Duties:
- Overall responsibility for a project administration from beginning to end, including all phases prior to construction.
- Set-up and maintain an effective communication network for the project.
- Liaison with management of other departments, including acting as a liaison between labor and management.
- Select and evaluate all project personnel. Supervise and coordinate work of all involved in the project, including sub-trades and outside contractors.
- Prepare cost summary and budget records. Compare actual expenditure records to budget, reconciling and updating for differences. Prepare routine budget reports for management.
- Coordinate the materials, equipment and labor assigned/supplied to worksite to ensure smooth running of the job.
- Review and select consultants and contractors for the project. Authorize payment for work done by selected consultants and contractor.
- Liaison with local and federal authorities as need.
- Update and maintain all alterations and modification to original plan documents. Keep design office updated with most current records.
- Adhere to all set company and client policies and procedures, including specific regulations addressing safety.
- Coordinate any necessary issues with departments both directly and indirectly involved.
- Ensure all contractors have the required safety training to prior to working onsite
- May perform other duties as assigned
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Architecture, Design, Facilities Management or Construction management.
- Minimum 10 years related experience
- Understanding and knowledge of necessary regulations, in which work is being performed, to ensure compliance
Working Conditions: Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.