Our client is one of the leading construction brands in the world, recognized for their take on integrated management of infrastructure include: conception, design, construction, operation, and maintenance.
What are we looking for?
A Construction Manager to join the team in Fresno, CA in assistance of the California High-Speed Rail!
‘Day in the life’:
- Coordinates daily/weekly meeting with all the area superintendents and project engineer to develop means and methods, schedulecontracting needs and long lead delivery times
- Manage all field operations and work sequence in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Review project estimate or plan to determine schedule, estimated job cost, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project
- Understand project documents ie: completeness or inadequacies.
- Anticipate project needs with sufficient lead-time to avoid delay of production
- Oversees coordination with project staff to outline work plans, assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Review status and modify schedules or plans as required and prepares project reports for management, owners, and subcontractors
- Work closely with Company employees, project supervisors, owners, external teams and support people to get commitments regarding PM's managerial and supervisory requests
- Coordinate resource use with project superintendent; for example, craft assignment, crew sizes and project layout for offices, traffic flow, and material storage
- Responsible for claims documentation
- Coordinate material purchases, assure that subcontractor agreements are prepared and change orders are accurate and issued to owners, subcontractors and suppliers
- Responsible for project closeout. Secure loose ends by finishing paperwork, obtaining retainages, supporting supervisors and expeditingclaims
What do we require?
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management or a related field from an accredited four-year college or university,
- Minimum of 10 to 15 years of construction and management experienced required
- Experience on heavy civil projects
- Professional Engineer License valued
- Planning and Scheduling - Understands resources, requirements, time constraints and cost, logically sequence work and estimate time to completion, populates schedule with resource and cost, sets goals, adjusts for unexpected events or conditions, tracks and updates
- Knowledge of tools and technology -Identifies tools, equipment, or technology to complete a job and understands the cost and potential hazards with their use. Continually seeks the best alternatives.
- Management - Manages multiple priorities and teams to accomplish project milestones and company goals. Tracks project scope, schedule, and budgets, and resolves critical issues
- Safety & Compliance - Comprehends safety rules and procedures before beginning assignments, prioritizes safety and ensures compliance prior to start, completes construction according to standards, mitigates hazards, champions safety at all times
- Compliance - Follows applicable laws, codes, regulations, or zoning for required work
- Demonstrated clear logical written, verbal, and communication and presentation skills. Excellent Interpersonal skills to cooperate and work as a team
- High degree of integrity and understanding of ethical industry standards. Exercises judgment and uses sound principals to make decisions
- Leader that seek and accepts responsibility and leads by example
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite; Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge with Primavera P6 Scheduling Software is a plus
- Medical Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Dental Insurance
- Maternity Benefits
- Vision Insurance
- Paternity Benefits
- Life Insurance
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Commuter Benefit
- Short Term Disability
- Voluntary Benefits
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts