The Data Center Construction Manager will be responsible for:
- Project management and oversight of construction related activities as they relate to new builds or general capital projects. This will include the ownership of the project scope, timeline, and budget.
- Provide project management for specific initiatives aimed at increasing the resiliency of our data centers.
- Provide direct influence/responsibility over the design and construction of new data center builds and general capital endeavors.
- Electrical design and review of designs associated with the construction of new data centers or the optimization of existing data centers.
- Construction/project package drawing review.
- Creation of project scope, request for proposals, and capital requests.
- Total project quality including the creation of a commissioning plan and support of the commissioning process.
- Recording and reporting key metrics to team members and management.
- Concurrently managing multiple projects including new data center building and capital improvement projects associated with existing data centers.
- Operational support including review of procedures, best practices, and maintenance initiatives.
- Drive teams to perform troubleshooting and root cause failure analysis associated with equipment or electrical failures.
- Work with contractors and vendors to deliver efficient and high quality project turn-overs.
- Be a leader within the group as well as within internal and external teams that support the data center.
- Travel to data center sites for engineering evaluations, electrical systems audits, mechanical system reviews, start-up testing, and full commissioning, as required.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / SexualOrientation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent work history with experience in project/program management.
- 5 years of experience in engineering design, construction management, manufacturing, or commissioning.
- Understanding of electrical engineering best practices including breaker coordination studies, switch-gear sequence of operation, NEC code
- Be able to read and interpret construction related drawings for all disciplines.
- Possess demonstrable leadership and problem solving skills.
- Be a motivated, highly dependable individual.
- Ability to research new designs, technologies, and construction methods of data center equipment and facilities.
- Ability to carry new design concepts through exploration, development, and into deployment/mass production.
- Ability to define data center system-level architecture, specify/document performance and equipment requirements, create/communicate conceptual designs, and create/maintain project documentation.
- Ability to produce analyses that ensure designs satisfy defined requirements, including predicted performance and power quality specifications.
- An ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with no impact on quality and reliability.
- The ability to perform complex business case analysis to justify the project scope and present the justification to management in a high level review.
- Possess excellent communication skills, attention to detail, maintain high quality standards.
- Experience directly related to the design or construction of data centers/critical infrastructure.
- Manufacturing experience and knowledge of LEAN principles is a plus.
- Previous vendor negotiation and management skills associated with construction and project execution.
- Experience with fast track design/build projects and or multiple significant upgrade projects.
- Experience with large scale technical operations or large-scale compute farms.
- Knowledge of building codes and regulations including Life Safety, BOCA, NFPA, NEC, and OSHA.
- Knowledge and experience with large scale power systems.
- Programming experience with PID loops and past experience with Variable Frequency Drives.
- Experience in power system reliability and risk assessment studies
- Experience with power management and power monitoring systems.
Job ID: 606412