Are you inspired by “what’s next”? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and we want YOU to be a part of it.
Albemarle is evaluating the Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) and Start-up of new lithium conversion plants in the US that has the potential to play a key part in the expansion of the North American and Global supply chain for Electrical Vehicles (EV).
The Construction Manager reports to the Construction Director – North American Conversion Project (NACP) and is responsible for detailed planning, tracking, reporting, monitoring, and task assigning and self-performance of project activities for the development of the pre-construction (transition out of the Define, Execution and commissioning phases for new US Conversion Plant Project Program. Assuring that all project requirements, maximizations of the business value are met in accordance with the Albemarle project framework and business objectives.
This role shall serve as an interface with the external contractor organization/s, and key community and business interface role for the development of the project delivery and alignment with the Albemarle project objectives.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensure adherence to Albemarle safety standards, be a visible leader on site safety.
- Leadership role in developing and conveying the unique safety culture for the project, with appropriate systems developed and deployed, to the owners, contractors, and vendors with the goal of zero harm (or other similar protocols).
- Lead a specific area of Albemarle planning, execution, and commissioning for NACP Construction.
- Contribute to the development of the Construction Execution and Contracting Strategy for NACP.
- Act as a key Construction interface for NACP.
- Define and develop the full construction resource requirements through the full life cycle of the project appointing and defining the key roles for the successful completion of the project.
- Ensure the development of the integrated Project schedule to maintain schedule.
- Ensure that Corporate and Regional Construction Principles, Policies, Best Practices and Standards, relevant directives and lessons learned from previous projects are being considered in the design and execution.
- Ensure that project governance is maintained in accordance with Albemarle Corporation requirements for accounting, purchasing, CAPEX forecasting, cost center forecasting, etc.
- Ensure that necessary resources are available to accomplish timely completion of Project Milestones.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of Albemarle technology materials.
- Report on status of the Project, through written, oral and presentations.
- Approve scope change requests in accordance with the delegation of authority.
- Review purchasing bid tabs and approve award of all purchase orders and contracts in accordance with the delegation of authority.
- Assist with ensuring appropriate Value Engineering, Constructability, and Risk Reviews.
- Coordinate with Engineering to ensure the close out of all HAZOP comments prior to C&SU activities.
- Take a lead role in the project constructability program.
- Draft and provide input into the Construction Execution Plan.
- Assist in ensuring that all field construction documentation is complete, accurate, and meets Plant requirements.
- Assist in ensuring that any Project deficiencies identified by Plant during commissioning and start-up are corrected.
- Assist in preparation of the Project Close Out Report, including Lessons Learned.
- Assist in identification of project deficiencies for Project Team correction, participating in de-bottle necking studies for future construction and commissioning.
- Coordinate resource requirements and project execution with other project activities to ensure all stakeholder expectations are aligned.
- Identify opportunities for improvement and develop solutions that improve the construction efficiency, quality, schedule, or optimize TIC.
- All other reasonable duties as determined by the employer.
Work Experience Requirements
- Previous experience of construction for processing plants and mining projects within the Americas.
- Previous leadership experience in Major Project development and execution circa >US$500M TIC preferred
- Role will be required to be at EPC Contractor’s offices, construction site, etc. per project needs.
- Ability to travel in alignment with Domestic and International requirements.
- BS in Construction Management or Engineering Degree preferred
- Senior Construction Leadership and Training required.
- + 10 years’ experience in chemical projects construction and construction leadership roles
The role location is initially in Houston, TX but will be expected to support project execution long-term in our new Richberg Megaflex Project in Chester County, SC.
Candidates currently located in Houston, Texas will be required to relocate to the Charlotte, NC area when the project reaches Construction phase, likely Q3-2024 but exact date subject to change. For candidates who are not currently located in Houston or Charlotte we will offer relocation to the Charlotte, NC are upon hire.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.