Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Manages and coordinates all on-site subcontractor activities for compliance with the CPM schedule and monitors and enforces compliance with subcontract requirements; Implements the Project Construction Execution Plan.
• Supervises and mentors all superintendents; monitors their activities and provides leadership.
• Monitors and reports on construction productivity and schedule performance (including trends) to the Project Field Manager and Field Project Controls Manager. Takes actions necessary to meet project budget and schedule requirements.
• Directs the establishment and implementation of subcontractor schedule recovery plans as required.
• Coordinates the Construction Completion Walkdowns and the complete hand over of start-up packages to the Startup Manager and supervises the close out of all punch list items.
• Assists Project Field Manager with client interface and relations.
• Coordinates with Field Material Manager to review all site procured materials for acceptance.
• Reviews and approves equipment rentals (if supplied by company) and coordinates shared use of this equipment with subcontractors.
• Conducts weekly coordination meeting with subcontractors.
• Conducts weekly subcontractor meetings.
• Reports weekly schedule and commodity installation status to the Field Project Controls Manager.
• Monitors all extra work authorization requests, backcharges, and supplier and subcontractor progress/final payment requests for acceptance and is responsible for subordinates providing the timely tracking information to Project Controls to support the change management system.
• Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
• Directly responsible for the Division 8 labor charges and costs on direct hire projects.
• Directly responsible for the Construction Equipment budget
• Monitors and approve all CIR replies to the subcontractors.
• Responsible for completion of the construction punchlist.
• Has full knowledge of the safety program and acts as the Safety Representative on site in the absence of the regular Safety Supervisor.
• Has general knowledge of all disciplines of construction and is able to stand in for each lead discipline.
• Establishes the tool trailer list at the onset of the project.
• Resolves safety and quality issues with the safety and quality managers. Further disputes are then deferred to the Project Field Manager.
• Has the ability to stand in for the Project Field Manager in his absence. • Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction subcontracts and manages within these terms.
• Monitors and controls overtime by his subordinates and subcontractors.
• Writes the construction portion of the client and construction monthly report.
• Coordinates with the Field Engineers or home office engineers on engineering deliverables
• Responsible for the effective management of construction Manufacturer’s Service Technicians and the timesheet tracking.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
• Supervises work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates. Supervises superintendents.
Bachelor’s degree in construction, engineering or heavy industrial experience preferred, or 3+ years of experience at the superintendent level. 8+ years with a degree or 18+ years construction experience without degree with 2 of those years at equivalent construction manager 1 level. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
• Knowledge of construction technology (Power Delivery)
• Knowledge of EPC industry
• Constructability knowledge
• Knowledge of project budget process and tools
• Knowledge of department budget process and tools
• Knowledge of Project controls
• Risk assessment/management
• Administrative policies and procedures
• Construction Project Management Systems
• Conceptual planning ability
• Conflict management skills
• Leadership ability (team building, coaching, mentoring, change management, advising)
• Multi-tasking ability (prioritize, organize, schedule work)
• Presentation skills
• Problem solving skills (identify, analyze, research, evaluate, resolve)
• Project management skills
• Communication and meeting skills
• Time reporting systems
• Expense reporting policies and procedures