We seek a Construction Inspector for utility infrastructureinspection in/near the Indianapolis area. This position would involve inspecting the installation of water and wastewater underground utilities. The Construction Inspector will report directly to the Engineer.
- Inspect Contractors work for compliance with plans, specifications and client standards
- Communicate with Contractor, Utility and Public regarding project status and address any concerns.
- Review conditions in the field and coordinate with Owner and Contractor when conflicts occur.
- Prepare Daily Reports and Testing Documentation per project requirements.
Education:Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years of experience in water/wastewater infrastructure inspection. Knowledge of constructioninspection for underground utilities and restoration required.
OSHA 10 Hour Construction Safety Awareness Trainingpreferred or must be acquired 30 days after start date.
AWPA Certified Public Infrastructure Inspection (CPII) Certificate preferred
- Knowledge of water and wastewater utility standards
- Ability to work independently and with team members as projects require
- Ability to manage work load over multiple projects, possibly in multiple locations
- Excellent interpersonal skills to deal with client, contractor and public