The Infrastructure business line of Arcadis is seeking a Construction Inspector for projects in the Phoenix area. The ideal candidate will have 8 or more years of experience working on public works projects.
• Provide inspection and quality assurance on public works construction projects.
• Determine if completed work follows the plans and specifications.
• Coordinate work with the contractor and various public utilities agencies.
• Maintain the records and reports related to the project.
• Assist in inspections to assure compliance with contract plans, specifications, and special provisions
• Coordinate the sampling and testing of construction materials to monitor compliance with contract specifications.
• Monitor and track contractor progress. Prepare daily, weekly, and monthly reports as required.
• 6 or more years of experience on roadway, highway and/or building construction inspection as related to public works projects.
• Ability to work independently. Ability to perform duties in the construction field office and effectively make decisions concerning construction work in progress and solving field problems.
• Ability to direct the efforts of subordinate inspectors.
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world's most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry's foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business Line
Transportation makes the world go around. Rapidly increasing urbanization, shrinking budgets and limited natural resources demand an innovative approach to shaping the future of mobility. Join us in developing advanced infrastructure while helping our clients get the most from their existing assets. We use cutting-edge technologies, emerging digital skills and global continued learning opportunities to deliver better solutions that transform communities. Together, we will solve some of the world's most complex transportation and land development challenges. Help us improve quality of life today.
HR Job Title
What country will this position be in?
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.