Lewis C. Nelson and Sons (LCN) is a general contracting firm that specializes in public, private, state and federal government projects throughout California. Some projects include: Mendota Federal Prison, Corcoran Prison, McLane High School, Wasco Prison and Delano Prison.
Our services include construction, concrete specialist, design build, construction management, pre-construction services, value engineering, scheduling, lease/lease back construction. LCN is the oldest family owned and operated construction company in the San Joaquin Valley. It was founded in 1928.
LCN is in need of a General Manager to replace a 20year tenure GM. We have a full time, long term position available. The position is responsible for project management of a variety of construction projects on Federal, private, public, and state properties. Our client is looking for a team player with the experience, or comparable experience, set forth below.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant construction management experience.
- Must have experience estimating and budgeting, as well as managing multiple projects and protecting owner interests on construction projects.
- Thorough knowledge of the normal industry procedures to manage change orders and to mitigate cost increases.
- Ability to review drawings and plans for commercial buildings, compare to developer/contractor estimate and validate or refute the estimate
- Ability to represent the interests of the Federal Government with property owners, developers, brokers and tenant government agencies.
- General understanding of construction on commercial properties including tenant improvements, HVAC, fire alarm and security systems, roofing, parking lot and street repairs, and otherconstructionrequired for the maintenance of Class A commercial properties
- Prepare periodic reports summarizing progress of construction activities for higher-level management and clients
- Conduct Weekly Construction Meetings
- Conduct performance evaluations and recommends promotions and salary actions
- Ensure that the services of subcontractors are fulfilled according to their agreement
- Experience successfully managing the work of General Contractors and Specialty Contractors
- Ability to use Project and other project management tools
- Ability to learn and use proprietary software; knowledge of RS Means a real plus
- Ability to resolve conflicts by interfacing with all levels of management, tenants and contractors on projects
- Ability manage multiple concurrent projects with values varying from $100K to $130 million
This position is full-time with benefits and a competitive salary. Available to begin immediately. If you meet the qualifications above pleaseapply with your resume.