As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PMCM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients' goals and aspirations. Project sectors and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, both Higher Education and K-12, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Reporting directly to the Project or Program Manager, the General Superintendent has field-level responsibility for the Civil, Structural and Architectural work associated with general construction under an (At-Risk) EPC/EPCM delivery method. The project may involve oversight/management of construction work in a single or multiple building environments. The General Superintendent communicates actively with clients, contractors, craft, and commissioning personnel in the field, as well as with Jacobs’ home office and on-site teams. This position is responsible for hands-on interaction and coordination with all trades including C/S/A, Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing and other special system installations. The General Superintendent provides project execution expertise through field leadership, technical acumen, quality control, and risk management to meet project and Company objectives.
- Coordinates and directs the work of trade subcontractors.
- Plans required work activity to ensure that design drawings, tools, equipment, and materials are available when needed.
- Interfaces and leads meetings with applicable authorities having jurisdiction.
- Provides oversight/management of prime contractor(s), trades and suppliers with regard to contract compliance, QA/QC, schedule, cost, risk management, safety and general contract administration
- Provides support to the Project Manager in preparing comprehensive QA and/or QC plans.
- Monitors manpower and work activities of contractors and subcontractors performing craft work, ensuring compliance with project quality, safety, staging, and security requirements.
- Ensures that subordinates and trade personnel are trained on/aware of relevant specifications and work procedures.
- Monitors identified defects or omissions in the work and expedites remedial action.
- Facilitates trade coordination and safety meetings, and participates in client progress meetings.
- Assesses and evaluates project risks, develops and implements mitigation strategies.
- Assists in the development of construction work-around plans when confronted with delays or interferences to the work.
- Responsible for jobsite safety and ensures that craft personnel comply with established safety policies and procedures.
- Provides input for job status reports and approval of subcontractor payment requisitions.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience to include 6 years as a Superintendent on large scale multi-contract, building projects and 4 years in a field leadership role on projects > 50 million and < 100 million TIC.
- Associates Degreepreferred.
- Experience coordinating M/E/P construction with C/S/A work activity working closely with contractors & craft in the field on FACILITES and BUILDING projects.
- Prior experience managing contractors or supervising field operations.
- OSHA 30 Certification.