Sealaska Constructors is seeking a Construction Estimator/Project Manager to support our operations based in our Seattle office. This position will provide project management and estimating for construction project(s) through coordination, field project activities and quality control tasks of the assigned project(s) for various phases of the Sealaska Constructors project(s). You will be a part of and work closely with project leadership teams, oversee timely distribution of all information, including project submittals, completed plans, weekly meeting agendas with minutes, change orders, invoices, etc. The main goals will be to drive and support the delivery of profitable complex projects on schedule, on budget with complete customer satisfaction, in a safe manner and within quality standards. Periods of travel will be required. Additional work activities may be assigned. This position will report administratively to the Director of Operations.
Examples of some of the primary work activities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain new job info, including all contacts, review subcontracts, submittal register;
- Prepare detailed and accurate estimates;
- Leads and oversees all project activities such as, change orders, purchase orders, meeting agendas and meeting minutes for team collaboration;
- Monitor, track and alert Operations Manager, Project Manager(s), and Superintendent(s) of project issues or outstanding items;
- Prepare scope of work or bid packages for soliciting subcontractor and vendor proposals;
- Receiving, evaluating and compiling subcontractor and vendor proposals;
- Responsible for proposal submission details such as bid time, location, bid runner, bid form;
- Responsible for plan take-offs and quantity calculations for vertical and horizontal construction types – ability to manage and supervise same;
- Review and maintain data based pricing (i.e. labor rates, fringes, burdens, sales or special taxes and material costs);
- Oversee bid solicitations and agenda notifications;
- Post bid, ensure any new sub-contractors are entered into a contact data base;
- Submission of pre bid RFI’s;
- Maintain project schedules;
- Collaborate with contracts department closely on project changes and needs;
- Meeting attendance throughout projects with owners, subs, architects, and engineers;
- Address issues as they arise with minimal delay.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements for the position include the following:
- B.S. degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, related field or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 5 Years’ experience on Federal-vertical construction projects, must have USACE background, awareness of NAVFAC helpful;
- Exhibits excellent ability to interpret plans and specifications;
- USACE Construction Quality Management for Contractors certification or able to acquire quickly;
- Ability to support the project process with an acceptable degree of construction knowledge;
- Ability to successfully pass a background check and acquire applicable security clearance for routine federal facilities access;
- Proficiency with all MS Office products;
- Detail oriented and thorough with good organization skills;
- Exhibits good problem solving skills and shows logical process to decision making;
- Willing and able to travel according to project site needs.
- Multi-task oriented capable of running multiple tasks concurrently;
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of project stakeholders;
- Physical ability to navigate a construction site.
Job ID 2017-2025