Description: Our client is a 85year old company with projects ranging from Schools and school districts to Municipal projects for county and local governments, to Healthcare, Casino's and Historical Restoration projects. We are in the process of searching for a Senior Estimator to join the team.
Senior Estimator and Pre-Construction Coordinator . This position will be primarily responsible for preparing cost estimates for negotiated proposals & competitive bids and to develop relationships with subcontractors & vendors. They will report to the President and work in conjunction with project management team members.
Job Description: Estimating associates will work directly with the estimating department in the creation of bid and price submittals to prospective clients.
Estimating Task Responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing plans & specifications for quantity take-off
- Developing customized estimates on the estimating platform from conceptual design phase through final construction documents.
- Calling subcontractors to ensure coverage for upcoming bids.
- Work with subcontractors to facilitate value engineering alternatives for clients.
- Communicate with project architects to ensure full inclusion of estimate items.
- Utilizes strong organizational skills.
- Displays strong written and oral communication skills while listening effectively.
- Analyzes problems and makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs.
- Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
- Ability to understand, implement and train on technology systems and solutions.
- BA or BS degree in a field such as construction science or construction studies.
- Experience with BIM/Revit a plus.
- Experience estimating plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems is required, prefer 10 years expereince.
Preferred candidate must be knowledgeable in the Architecture and Engineering industry with understating of Business concepts.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year