Walsh is currently seeking a Construction Equipment Project Manager for our Assets Management Group in several locations.
The Equipment Manager is primarily responsible for managing all equipment related matters on the jobsite to which they have been assigned, related to planning and executing the following areas:
- Acquisition and Disposal
- Compliance and Risk Management
- Production Interface and Logistics
- Field Maintenance Operations
- Yard Operations
- Fleet and Asset Management
Walsh is a rapidly growing, highly diversified construction company, and we constantly seek builders and business people to join our industry-leading team. Walsh employees are "built to succeed" - competitive entrepreneurs with strong character who are energized by working on a team to meet challenges and are willing to take risks after careful planning. There are many compelling reasons why exceptional people should consider a career with our company:
- Challenging, complex projects
- Creative and innovative problem solving environment
- Supportive, communicative managers who reward your success
- Opportunities for growth, training, and development
- Flexibility to build what you want, where you want
Daily manage new equipment, identify and communicate correct build for project request, and schedule assignments for future needs.
Maintain active working knowledge of various types of construction and the role our equipment plays to achieve the end product for each application. Remain current on industry developments within heavy equipment, internal scheduling systems, and purchasing procedures.
Strategically research and identify alternative sourcing and equipment solutions.
Coordinate with the Equipment Operations Group on asset logistics to ensure project needs are filled.
Review rental and purchase contracts.
- Bachelor's Degree or 15years in Equipment Management
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in purchasing and scheduling with knowledge of fleet management
- Previous construction equipment or industry experience is a plus
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills and experience working proficiently with Microsoft Office products
- Team player
- Ability to delegate when appropriate
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability / Veteran