$80K — $100K *
CP&Y is seeking a Construction Engineering and Inspection (CEI) Project Engineer for our CEI / Construction Management team in Texas. This position will be based in the San Antonio office.
The CEI Project Engineer must be a self-starter with a positive can-do attitude. Responsible to grow with the firm's Construction Engineering Inspection program, develop staff, work closely with clients, engineers, and sub consultants to ensure quality assurance needs are met. The CEI Project Engineer will also integrate experience in business development and meeting strategic goals of the Field Practice’s construction engineering and inspection key objectives.
Furthermore, as a CEI Project Engineer, the candidate must have the credentials and discipline to manage Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI) teams for road and bridge transportation projects. Additional job duties include implementing quality assurance procedures, preparing and submitting estimates, checking engineering calculations, interpreting contract documents, planning and organizing the work of subordinate and staff members while continually developing and reviewing policies, practices, methods and procedures of a professional work environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline from an accredited university.
• Licensed Professional Engineer -TX license is preferred
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in Heavy Highway Construction Inspection and Contract Administration.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Experience working with contractors to resolve issues dealing with contract conformance disagreements.
• Extensive experience with traffic control plan reviews as well as inspection of major traffic realignments on major highway systems with lane closure restrictions.
• Willingness to work weekend, nights, and swing shifts.
• Experience with submittal reviews, change order development and cost analysis, construction schedule review, RFI review and coordination, and general contract administration for federally funded state transportation projects.
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in Federally Funded Heavy Highway Construction Inspection and Contract Administration.
• Experience with TxDOT.
• TxDOT Category 11.1 or 11.2 pre-certification’s within one year of employment.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted.
Valid through: 8/24/2020