The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including the disabled and veterans. #LI-LH1
National ENR Top 25 General Contractor seeking an experienced, qualified manager to help manage projects with complex electrical requirements for various large commercial projects including but not limited to data centers, healthcare, large retail, commercial office (low/mid/high rise), life sciences, light industrial and education/institutional work.
Applicant shall possess a proven track record for effectively managing complex electrical projects while maintaining an emphasis on customer delight.
Preferred Applicant Shall Possess The Following Skills
- 4-year college degree in engineering, preferable electrical or mechanical engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years in the construction industry with emphasis on managing subcontractors and the electrical portion of the work.
- Experience leading / mentoring others, combined with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proper and timely documentation and notifications as well as proper record-keeping.
- Detail Orientation: Candidates for this position will have a great appreciation for details required by the specifications, drawings, Codes of Construction, or any other contract documents.
- Provide relevant input into development of project schedules to adequately plan for and manage progress, particularly as pertains to electrical and mechanical work, including systems start-up and commissioning.
- Candidate will be required to undergo a full background check and complete a drug and alcohol test prior to start of work in accordance with W-T site requirements.
- Technical Skills: Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and other information management systems.
Fast paced, entrepreneurial, team based working environment. Standard benefits include pension, 401k, profit sharing, per diem subsistence for out of town projects, medical, mileage, etc. Performance based stock option program for those individuals with proven commitment to company goals and objectives seeking long term career commitment.