- Responsible for the timely execution and management of design, construction and fixturing of projects involving new, expanded, and remodeled stores.
- Coordinate interdisciplinary teams composed of professionals from architectural, engineering, store design, equipment procurement, and construction, as well as contractors.
- Coordinate Team Member efforts, track and document project progress, resolve issues and report results to the proper individuals.
- Perform building and site inspections to determine conformance to contract documents and progress of construction and fixturing.
- Regularly interacts with regional staff to ensure that Whole Foods Market construction and design goals and objectives are being met
- Negotiate and oversee the preparation of accurate, timely and complete contracts between the Contractors and WFM
- Monitors adherence to procedures and policies regarding internal controls
- Directs all phases of project management including due diligence, schedule and budget development, programming, design management, FF&E procurement, construction, and move coordination
- Supervises and performs all aspects of contract administration including contract review, change orders, project start-up, and closeout
- Represents Whole Foods Market in a business development role to outside consultants, architects, and construction teams.
- In this role, the Project Manager is closely involved with all aspects of project and construction management for ongoing commercial development projects, contract management, budgeting, estimating, planning, scheduling, job cost, progress tracking and client development.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following skill sets and characteristics:
- Must have 10 or more years of grocery store and commercial construction Project Management experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Building Technologies or Construction Science is a plus, but not necessary.
- Experience in ground-up, tenant improvement and on-going remodel projects in occupied facilities.
- An independent, self-starter mentality, with exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Broad-based understanding of project management with strong planning and a "detail oriented" focus.
- Working knowledge of property operations, administration, leasing, marketing, and accounting.
- Ability to act on prompt, thoughtful systematic decisions and communicate in a diplomatic, tactful fashion.
- Experience with managing and motivating design consultants, development members, contractors, in-house equipment coordinators and vendors in a team environment.
- Strong scheduling software skills using P3 or Microsoft Scheduler is a must.
- Able to perform physical requirements of job; able to lift up to 50 lbs unassisted.