Construction Coordinator - E&I
Construction Coordinators are responsible for providing effective technical expertise, administration and coordination for construction activities according to specifications and drawings and for performing related duties. They are required to control project schedule and cost through the efficient use of all construction resources including manpower, materials, tools, and equipment. The Construction Coordinator-E&I has a principle focus on matters relating to electrical and instrumentation installations.
- Forecast, plan, schedule and coordinate the execution of work by framework contractors.
- Plan sequence of installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other construction contractors, subcontractors and workers.
- Ensure activities are executed in conformance with safety standards, project drawings, specifications, schedules, cost estimates, procedures, and quality requirements.
- Determine, in conjunction with Construction Manager(s), the requirements for information, materials, manpower, construction equipment and tools.
- Monitor the execution of construction in accordance with contract documents.
- Oversee contractor and subcontractor supervision and workforce to insure safety, productivity and quality.
- Ensure that all work is properly inspected in accordance with project requirements.
- Promote and enforce all safety programs and work rules.
- Provide input for the development of project schedules in cooperation with the construction planners and specialists.
- Ensure that daily and weekly short-range planning is maintained down to the foreman level.
- Ensure all scope changes are properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of work.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years experience
- Experience at construction site, heavy industrial construction preferred
Note Initial assignment is in Lake Charles, LA