Description: Manages the activities of commercial contract professionals in review, preparation and management of contract documents for KP National Facilities Services organization involved in construction of new and/or retrofit hospital buildings and other medical facilities.
- Responsible for assigning and directing activities of commercial contracts professionals, providing oversight and technical direction for solicitations and specialized and/or non-routine response for proposals, bids, and contract modifications applying knowledge of industry, regulatory standards, and full range of commercial contracts expertise. Manages staffing, budgeting, group professional integrity, training and general management activities. Trains and develops subordinate contract professionals to assume more complex contract activity. Represents department to senior management at NFS and KP.
- Analyzes significant, and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations, and KP policies and NFS procedure and communicates results to subordinates.
- Analyzes new law, regulation and contract trends for potential impact on NFS goals and objectives. Assists in identification, development and implementation of new contract policy and processes. Focal point for all communication with law, finance and business team disciplines for resolution of contract issues and disputes. Provides authoritative guidance to internal project teams and contract subordinates on corporate goals and objectives relating to contract activity.
- Develops negotiation strategy and leads negotiation team on complex contractual issues.
- Have a general understanding of the business case and an appreciation of financial/analytical issues and profit and loss implications.
- Minimum fifteen (15) years of business experience which includes significant technical knowledge, and/or experience in contracting joint venture formation, strategic partnering, or other highly complex contractual arrangements.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, law, construction management or other related field.
License, Certification, Registration
- Requires full knowledge of own area of functional responsibility and working knowledge of construction functions and their interrelationship to commercial contracts, development, change orders and management.
- Ability to manage and train less experienced contract professionals and to identify and develop contract skills in assigned function.
Ability to draft moderate to complex, non-routine contractual instruments.
- Working to excellent knowledge of corporate policies and procedures, coupled with ability to identify required improvement to established policies and to communicate implementation procedures to others.
- Working to expert knowledge of contracting concepts, Uniform Commercial Code, applicable public contract acquisition law and regulations, and applicable contract law.
- Strong to excellent analytical and communication skills.
- Good presentation leadership and management skills.
- Use of independent judgment and creativity applied to resolution of contract issues.
- Excellent internal and external negotiation skills.
- Emerging ability to excel in upper level management environment.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Job Number: 625339