The Global Operations Organization (GOO) Category Specialist for Projects Construction, Commissioning and Decommissioning in the consolidated Projects organization. This role is based in Anchorage, Alaska and reports to the Team Lead Engineering & Projects.
- Provides information and counsel to stakeholders on market trends, commodity cost drivers and cost control strategies.
- Works closely with central category manager and community of practice (CoP) to execute in standardized method.
- Develops networks and facilitates cross-functional teams in commodity strategy development, supplier sourcing, and supplier negotiations. Reflect agreed milestones in CMP and deliver to plan.
- Employs financial analysis and economic modeling skills to evaluate supplier proposal pricing and develops flexible contractual pricing models that accommodate inflation, currency, scope changes, and other areas of risk mitigation and cost control.
- Accountable for accuracy of the data relating to market sub-sectors.
- Identify and implement efficiency opportunities in the way we work with our suppliers, drive reliability improvements, optimize resources, and reduce unit cost to leverage market conditions.
- Proactively explores the wider supply and industry markets to identify opportunities so BP can leverage to improve delivery or to mitigate supply risk, (e.g., technology developments, supplier and demand consolidation).
- Builds and nurtures both internal and external relationships.
- Actively participate in CoP to exchange best practices, supplier management and strategic developments under EPC.
- Ensures a comprehensive statement of work prior to sourcing commencement.
- Identifies, implements and realizes value through effective strategic cost management utilizing best in class methods (e.g., should cost modeling) and tools (e.g., e-auctions).
- Develops and manages supplier relationships construction, fabrication and commissioning/decommissioning, engineering strategic and core suppliers.
- Supports the Engineering & Construction group in developing value adding project contracting strategy maps that articulate FCO strategy; establishes measures to monitor and ensure continuous improvement of supplier performance.
- Monitor the Procurement Execution of EPC contractor in accordance to governance structure.
- Support the CAM in supplier performance management activities, such as, KPI performance tracking, collaborating and facilitating the PRMs.
- Rigorous oversight of contractors in place.
- Leverage data solutions, such as Power BI, to ensure data capture and analytics related to contractor delivery/performance.
- Participates in company networks, sharing information, best practices and lessons learned.
- Minimum of B.S. or equivalent in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, or other relevant business or technical degree
- 10 years’ work experience in contracting and/or service estimating can be substituted for Education Requirements
Essential experience and job requirements
- 3 or more years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or other relevant areas
- Demonstrate business decision and execution agility (e.g. multitasking, maintain awareness of multiple transactions)
- Managing deliverables to multiple stakeholders requests (at times competing) that result in an overall company benefit
- Detail oriented in a high paced environment
Req ID 91946BR