HKS is a team of more than 1,400 architects, interior designers, urban designers, scientists, artists, anthropologists and other professionals working together across industries and across the globe to create places that delight, heal and stimulate peak performance. We have nurtured a culture of extraordinary people with curious and creative minds who are passionate about delivering elegant solutions that solve our clients’ challenges. Our research teams dig deep to discover processes and ideas that improve outcomes--then they share them freely for everyone’s benefit. In all we do, we are mindful of the fragility of all life and of the planet.
Our Orlando office is seeking a Construction Administrator to join the team.
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of all types of building systems; such as mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire suppression, storm sewer, sanitary sewer, security and low voltage to construction project
- Interprets the results of laboratory tests and implements the necessary course of action required by the test results
- Applies knowledge of the effect of atmospheric conditions on building materials and components during and after construction, to include the practice of quality assurance
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable codes for project and resolves issues with inspectors and other authorities having jurisdiction
- Uses standard protocol for communication with and between team members, to include the owner, architect/engineer team, contractor staff and subcontractors
- Maintains current knowledge of the owner-architect agreement and any additional services agreements and provides professional services in accordance with these documents
- Evaluate cost related aspects of the project and administer change orders, proposed changes, construction change directives, substitutions, time delays and payment applications in accordance with contract and project requirements
- Provides feedback about issues for improvements (constructability, material appropriateness, clarity, function, equipment coordination, etc.) to design/production team as well as quality management and specifications teams
- Maintains a fair and balanced relationship with both the client and contractor to successfully complete the project
- Professional degree from an accredited program preferred
- Architectural License
- Typically has 10 - 15 years of construction administration experience
- Must have significant experience with healthcare projects, in addition to other related project types