Description: Responsible for assessing educational needs for the ACC/CDU staff and implementing appropriate education. Responsible performance indicators and core measure data analysis, reporting the data, and development and implementation of an improvement plan to assure performance goals are met.
- Occupational Summary: Coordinates clinical and educational activities for ACC/CDU and Urgent Care emergency services-related consultations and serves as a clinical, educational and QI resource. Primary Duties and Responsibilities Clinical Practice: Collaborates with the Advanced Care Center (ACC) Medical Director and the ACC/CDU Senior Director, ACC Manager, and clinical supervisors to establish and implement protocols relevant to ACC/CDU&Urgent Care. Uses leadership principles in initiating, prescribing, influencing, and facilitating changes for nursing practice. Uses nursing process to define patient and/or system problems and works collaboratively with departmental and other staff to outline and accomplish long and short-term solutions. Assist in the establishment, implementation, and evaluation of policies and procedures, which affect patient care. Works with leadership team to identify educational needs and provide in-service programs for ACC/CDU and Urgent Care staff. Provides direct patient care to select patient as necessary. Provides leadership for clinical guidelines initiative and assists in the integration of care in the ACC/CDU and Urgent Care. Functions as the clinical liaison between the ACC/CDU, Urgent Care affiliated departments for clinical practice related activities.
- Consultation: Serves as consultant and resource for the establishment of the standards for nursing care and the Quality Improvement monitoring program within ACC/CDU&Urgent Care. Maintains a level of clinical and theoretical expertise in emergency nursing in order to provide consultation to the health team members. Serves as a resource person for clinical decision making and skill development. Assists in the establishment, implementation and evaluation of policies and procedures which affect patient care, operations and quality. Represents KP to the community, region, and state by working with local EMS programs, EMS Region III Council, and through community outreach programs. Serves as a role model and as a resource to nursing and medical staff in the car of patients, and services as a patient advocate. Conducts research on selected problems in emergency care delivery. Prepares Quality Improvement
reports and audits designated patient population for analysis. Establishes collegial relationships management, physicians and allied health professionals. Function as an institutional representative and consultant to community agencies, service organization, etc.
- Quality: Functions as the quality liaison for the ACC/CDU and Urgent care utilizing Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS) national quality indicators. Maintains up to date knowledge base related to National Quality indicator measures and reviews for new changes. Provides Quality Improvement reports and audits of clinical care practices and educational needs for ACC/CDU and Urgent Care. Collaborates with physicians and ancillary agents to implement best practices related to quality metrics and clinical care review. Utilizes research, sentinel eventreports, and quality metrics in order to research best clinical practices and policy development. Conducts chart reviews to ensure quality clinical care practices are evaluated and shared with leadership groups.
- This job description is not all encompassing.
- Minimum five (5) years of E.D. Experience with three (3) years in an Educational/Quality Improvement Leadership role.
- Bachelor's of science in nursing.
License, Certification, Registration
- Current licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of Georgia or able to obtain prior to date of hire.
- Current Advanced Cardia Life Support (ACLS) from the American Heart Association must be obtained proir to hire date.
- Ability to work effectively with various types of people.
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN).