Responsible for performing more complex analysis and modeling for multiple products with the goal of maximizing profits and asset growth and minimizing risk and operating losses and/or other financial and marketing exposures. Develops complex program models to extract data and uses multiple databases to acquire statistical and financial data. Utilizes portfolio trends to propose policy/procedural changes within segmentation structure to produce optimal results. Excels at risk/reward trade off. Build relationships with external agencies. Participates in the rollout of company-wide pilot programs developed as a result of programmed models. Duties primarily include the regular use of discretion, independent judgment, the ability to communicate with multiple levels of management and the utilization of core leadership behaviors. SAS and/or MicroStrategy experience preferred; 2-5 years experience preferred.
- 3-5+ years of SAS & SQL experience
- Excel and other applications to support large data aggregation and management (advanced excel)
- Advanced data analytics in a big data environment within a risk & fraud function is ideal
- Experience in reporting and automation tools
- Data and reporting experience and attention to detail
- Ability to create trend reports and discuss anomalies with cross functional teams
- Ability to present the data and communication skills
- Manage, structure, and consolidate large amounts of data (building in validation to ensure accuracy)
- Ability to collect, organize and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective multi-tasker, able to manage multiple files
- Experience with machine learning and/or other advanced data mining technique such as Python/R/Java, etc.
- Experience with statistical modeling techniques including matching algorithm, time-series analysis, user profiling, clustering and classification.
- Tableau and MicroStrategy experience a plus
- Knowledge of ORCIT and Ops Risk Loss Reporting is a plus
- Knowledge of processes, products represented by data (enables validation, resolution); Operational risk and fraud experience Data analysis experience and attention to detail
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Experience with financial institutions in the area of fraud analytics and risk management
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, a team player with open mind.
- Experience with digital banking, payments and/or payment networks.
- Experience with FinTech solution vendors and/or consulting projects implementation.
- Strong intellectual curiosity and passionate about innovation.
- Master degree in quantitative discipline, economics, statistics or computer science desired