Connectivity Solutions Analyst
5 - 7 years experience •
The Connectivity Solutions Analyst role is technical in nature and requires a strong understanding of the interaction between the Availity systems and Availity customers, both from a submitter and receiver perspective. The Connectivity Solutions Analyst role focuses on moderate to complex implementation tasks andresponsibilities. The role is accountable for assessing, analyzing, and implementing solutions in a timely and efficient manner.
Keyresponsibilities include, but are not limited to a) managinginternal and external relationships with partners, providers, and vendors to meet integration objectives; b) creating appropriate documented deliverables, managing deliverables, gaining agreement frominternal and external partners; and c) coordinating partner awareness on Availity functionality as requested by Product Management and production issues as requested byinternal teams, including but not limited to Operationssupport team and/or InformationTechnology team. The Connectivity Solutions Analyst isresponsible for executing and maintaining implementationprocesses andsupport for moderate to complex initiatives and traininginternal and external stakeholders of thoseprocesses. This position will be called upon to serve in multiple roles in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial corporate environment.
- Accountable for all complexity level implementations, including but not limited to submitters, partners, and vendors; to exchange all transaction types through methods such as EDI, B2B, web transactions, API, and others as defined implementations. Tasks involve managing client timelines and deliverables, issue resolution, file transmission, response reporting, testing and results delivery based on customer requirements using Availity processes and tools
- Responsible for tasks including, but not limited to, developing the implementation plans (submitter, direct receiver/payer, and partner and vendor), initiating and executing implementation plans with customers, creating all tickets required to complete implementation plans successfully.
Implementation Tracking and Execution:
- Manages multiple projects varying in complexity level, including timelines, issue resolution and results delivery using Availity standard tools and processes
- Assesses and analyzes configurations and connectivity for implementation and support, including HIPAA rules and Availity standards and options and follows processes accordingly
- In partnership with external and internal stakeholders, conducts pre-production functional testing protocols, including creating and executing test plans for all projects
- Tracks progress of all assigned projects via Availity tools including JIRA, Confluence and Salesforce
- Interacts with various internal and external stakeholders to coordinate and deliver consistent quality driven results for all projects.
- Manages workflow of implementations, maintenance requests, and other responsibilities of the Connectivity Services Team to ensure all commitments are maintained.
Customer Relationship Management:
- Interacts with business, technical, internal and external resources on new and existing implementation solutions and partners and will be required to represent the company in a professional manner to external customers with supervision as needed.
- Ensures market validation (utilization) of solution by driving clean hand off to account management or operational support teams.
- Communicates new implementations and/or changes including detailed specifications which may pose potential impact to customers
- Monitors customer communications (submitter, payer, trading partners, etc) to be apprised of any changes that may impact business operations (new edits, connectivity updates, system downtime)
- Interacts closely with other technology teams and development staff to ensure requirements able to be met accurately and executed within the expected timeline for the implementations.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Understands profitability and loss; supports and communicates implementation decisions that have a positive benefit to the company
- Proactively monitors production systems to ensure production issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Provides departmental level reporting, communications and presentations of key connectivity solutions
- Drives connectivity solutions to revenue generation, ensuring customer awareness, marketing and operational support are in place
Process Documentation and Improvement:
- Leads in the development of Availity support documentation (such as production issues, impact and solution as related to position).
- Documents standard processes (such as standard testing procedures) as necessary for continuous practice improvement
- Responsible for documenting all information related to assigned implementations. Including but not limited to submitter and partner and vendor implementations, such as requirements, test plans, contact information, escalation procedures, etc.
Customer Support and Issue Resolution
- Supports organization thru researching, resolving and documenting operational issues. Must be able to communicate business, technical, and HIPAA issues and resolutions
- Supports and maintains implementations by execution of customer maintenance requests including but not limited to change requests, connectivity changes, and edit and enrichment enhancements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 4 years related experience in a technology (information exchange) and/or health care environment
- Experience working with healthcare and / or internet applications
- Experience with Submitters, Vendors and/or Receivers/Payers
- Customer service and/or relationship management experience
- Experience with system and/or software monitoring applications a plus
- Experience with ticketing and documentation applications a plus
- Experience with Availity systems and processes a plus
- Some experience in software implementations a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to create and execute test plans
- Knowledge of EDI and real-time transaction processing
- Knowledge OF SFTP, HTTPS, and VPN connection protocols
- Must have a working knowledge of the X12 transactions specifically 837P, 837I, 835, 270/271, 276/277, 278, CCR/CCD, and HL7 transaction sets
- Understanding of HIPAA implementation guides for claim and other transactions
- Knowledge of the health care industry HIPAA mandated ANSI transaction formats.
- Knowledge of the health care industry specifically claims processing systems, provider office operations, and customer service processes in a health care company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including strong presentation skills and the ability to present executive summaries in a concise manner
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions
- Ability to work under pressure. Maintains composure and professionalism in an interrupt-driven environment
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency using PC skills and MS Suite products. Must be proficient using email and electronic scheduling calendars
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance. Focus on accountability for issue resolution.