Donaldson Company is a global leader in the $50+B filtration solutions space spanning a multitude of industries. Leveraging technology, we continuously develop new offerings for our customers with a dedicated and passionate workforce. We are looking for open-minded and high energy individuals to develop and lead transformative thinking in how filtration, technology and IoT solve our customer’s problems better. The IoT and Connected Solutions team pulls customer needs, technological capability and sound economics together to orchestrate new offerings and business models for the company to execute. Join a global, entrepreneurial team with the opportunity to own new value creation from concept to deployment.
As a Sr. Market Analyst in the Connected Solutions team you will lead customer and market research from assigned space(s) to uncover user needs, values and outcomes. Dissolves needs into actionable outcomes to build potential solutions around for customer testing. Organizes market trends, competitive intelligence and sales data around connected solutions and IoT into clear insights. Partners with business development mangers sharing insights with capabilities for synergies.
- Lead and conduct deep research with observational voice of customer (OVOC)to understand articulated and unarticulated needs.
- Characterize the customer outcomes into segments with size, growth rates and industry dynamics.
- Assess total value chain including ecosystems and chains outside of or adjacent to filtration.
- Develops insights into actionable use cases to develop and deploy.
- Monitor the organization’s market shares and competitors specifically in connected solutions.
- Work with technical teams to reconcile customer outcomes to technical solutions.
- Maintain a pulse of and record of leading trends in connected/IoT solutions.
- Understand ecosystems and relationships within the market and how new values change these.
Candidates most successful in this role possess:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in marketing, business or related field and minimum 5 years professional experience.
- Experience turning market research into actionable plans.
- Experience using outcome based or needs first principles and tools.
- Working knowledge or experience with connected consumer or industrial products.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.