PACCAR's Information Division (ITD), located in Renton, WA utilizes cutting-edge technology to provide systems development, consulting, voice and data communications services to the entire Corporation, which has high visibility in the technology sector.
As a Solution Architect at PACCAR you will define solutions using new or existing technologies, and have real influence PACCAR’s business and information technology strategy.
Successful candidate will be someone who is self-driven and has a deep technical knowledge in the solution integration or data domains. You will be researching and evaluating platforms, infrastructure and tools and technologies to create solutions that will last well beyond the current "app" of the day. Long term planning and execution skills are a must!
As a solution architect on major projects you will provide expertise and knowledge to define solutions that build REAL business value while aligning with technology roadmaps that you helped create. Our Solution Architects lead working sessions with peers, business partners and executives to gain understanding of business strategies that drive the definition of technology selected. If you want to work with and influence people with a variety of backgrounds and responsibilities and have the communication talents to lead them to a good solution, PACCAR has the job for you.
Job Functions / Responsibilities
- Develop, communicate and help in implementing Connected Manufacturing architecture roadmap strategies to ensure that technical systems are scalable, reliable, secure, safe, and supportable to achieve IT Business and performance and budget objectives.
- Lead and support suppliers, partners and customer facing demonstrations, proof of concepts, and RFI/RFQ/RFP technical solution design and responses.
- Provide leadership for Connected Manufacturing projects defining solution architectures that conform to existing standards or new reference standards have been developed.
- Responsible for reviewing standards and design specifications to keep them current and aligned with industry best practices.
- Collaborate with the Digital Services management team in developing the Digital strategy and plans.
- Support enterprise IT capital investment planning and portfolio management as required.
- Work with global stakeholders and subject matter experts to research and evaluate IoT platforms, servers, tools and technologies to support and solve business direction.
- Training and knowledge sharing with team on new trends and technology.
- Help to bridge the gap between business problems and technology solutions
- Up to 10% domestic and international travel.
- Minimum of three years of large or medium scale solution architecture and design experience.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and apply research trends to business capabilities and IT roadmaps.
- Ability to translate technology into business terms and value.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Demonstrate the ability to document and communicate ideas to both business focused and technical focused audiences. Strong negotiation and problem solving skills used to align the business capabilities and IT systems.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, quickly and accurately analyze information to make recommendations.
- Good technical expertise in multiple disciplines such as: information security, system integration, data and analytics, infrastructure application and program design, software systems development, business process design, or application portfolio management, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with stakeholders of various levels of authority and expertise across divisions and the industry.
- Proactive collaboration combined with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical information in non-technical language.
- Demonstrated ability to apply tools and models to develop or improve processes and problem solve.
- Has a good understand on how all parts of manufacturing business model works to integrate Enterprise solution with technology & application stacks.
- Able to develop high level specific architecture solution that fits the business environment.
- Understand corporate strategy and realize all business processes that define how a company achieves its strategic goals.
- Good understanding of manufacturing digital transformation & Industries 4.0 requirements on “How they deliver value to business or what they will eventually deliver”.
- Experience of solution mapping across Cloud, Devices/Sensors, equipment’s, Analytics and Mobility based offerings to define end to end solutions.
- Solution Architect acts as subject matter expert role in the area of connected manufacturing who assists in the solution development, POC/Pilot planning, opportunity identification and qualification, and the delivery of end-to-end IoT solution.
- B.S. degree or equivalent in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field required
- Training and use of Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect or Visio desired
- Six Sigma training and / or belt certification a plus