Connected Devices Business Development Manager -- Americas
Key metrics for the role:
- Scope is bound by region.
- Key measure is new customer and new product/service business (bookings).
Spirent offers unique career opportunities where you can set your innovative spirit free. Our customers look to us to provide services and products that are at the forefront of the telecom industry. We are large enough to provide a wide-range of opportunities, but small enough for you to make an impact.
Spirent is its people and when you join Spirent, you will work alongside some of the best subject matter experts in the industry. Success is important to us and so is having a work/life balance. We believe that you should be able to pursue your career aspirations in an innovative and creative environment, as well as explore your personal passions. At Spirent, we want you to love your work and your life too!
Outward facing role:
- Act as a responsive Wireless specific sales overlay and be "BU point" for sales team engagement.
- Agree on quarterly, annual targets and interlock with sales.
- Support customer engagement and gathering sales and market requirements.
- Responsible for sales enablement in region.
- Engage new third parties which can deliver "in-organic" content to Spirent Wireless portfolio
- Develop and drive account plans and actions with RSMs, SEs, PMs and Marketing to meet BU bookings goal.
- Ensure continuous team focus on opportunities (such as via monitoring opportunity status and chatter).
- Develop plan with RSMs, SEs and partners to drive new accounts (and new teams within existing accounts).
- Engage with C.D. channel partners, and provide oversight, prioritization and urgency for Spirent channel manager RSMs.
Inward facing role:
- Influence the Product Management team on commercial priorities.
- Drive urgent BU action for sales primes.
- Feed in product requirements / enhancements / roadmap requests.
- Work with Product Marketing to deliver segment targeted sales tools / collateral.
- Define sales enablement needs and challenges for execution by Product marketing / management.
- Define campaign objectives and metrics for delivery by product marketing.
- Drive wireless business unit on pre-sales engagement -- to demonstrate technical / solution expertise.
- Gather market/competitive intelligence and potential partnerships and feed back to Product Management and Strategic Marketing