We are looking for providers who are passionate about improving the quality of care for patients that reside within facilities and helping facilities improve and maintain high performance on quality metrics and standards.
As a facility Medical Director you will assume responsibility for patient management at a designated facility and will provide clinical oversight and medical management support. The Medical Director is a critical member of the facility’s team and works closely with the facility Administrator, DON, Landmark Connect APPs in the facility, and otherLandmark Connect team members to ensure the provision of high quality, medically appropriate care to patients and optimal quality outcomes for the facility.
The Medical Director will have a mix of direct patient management and clinical oversight / administrative responsibilities at the facility. Examples of responsibilities include the following:
- Manage the residents/patients at the designated facility including but not limited to conducting initial visits, follow-up visits, discharges, and other activities to ensure the high quality, timely patient care
- Function as the collaborating physician for Landmark Connect APPs, providing clinical oversight, education and mentorship
- Collaborate with facility staff to enable medical necessity determinations for requested medical services.
- Consult with hospital physicians following notification of member transfer
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with patients and their legal representatives, facility staff, and other collaborating physicians/providers
- Provide education and support for the facility’s nursing staff and other facility staff to help ensure the provision of high quality medically appropriate care to patients
- Work with the facility’s DON and Administrator to modify ineffective practices, improve service to patients, monitor and address clinical performance issues as needed
- Maintain quality, operational, clinical and productivity goals as established by the Landmark leadership team.
- Work with Facility and quality staff to identify areas of opportunities to develop plans to increase quality to positively affect the facility’s STAR ratings
- Implement quality initiatives as directed by the Landmark Chief Clinical Officer to ensure the highest standards of care, including QAPI initiatives
- Participate in management meetings that include, but may not be limited to:
- Weekly case conference reviews
- Monthly staff meetings
- Schedule Joint Operating Committee meetings
- Quarterly Quality Improvement Committee meetings
- Behavioral Health meetings
- Perform related duties as necessary and other duties as assigned.
- Must practice in accordance with the respective state laws and regulations
- Must possess the ability to actively identify new areas for learning; regularly create and take advantage of learning opportunities
- Must possess the ability to hear and communicate with others in a clear, understandable, and professional manner
- Must be eager to mentor and guide APPs
- Must be flexible and adaptable; conditions and environment are unpredictable and change frequently
- Must possess the ability to maintain regular, reliable and punctual attendance
- Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism. and ability to manage their individual performance
- Must understand and comply with long-term care policies and procedures, including those that regulate nursing facilities and assisted living communities
- Must complete required documentation in a timely manner
- Board Certified / Board Eligible Physician, preferably Geriatrics, Family Medicine, or Emergency Medicine
- Doctor of Medicine M.D. or Doctor of Osteopathy D.O. from an accredited educational institution
- Extensive experience in long-term care or post-acute care
- Experience as a facility Medical Director is helpful
- Knowledge of CPT and HCPC codes is helpful
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care
- Awareness about UM standards, NCQA requirements, CMS guidelines, and Medicaid/Medicare contracts and benefit systems is helpful