We are looking for Congnos Developer for our client in Reno, NV
Job Title: Congnos Developer
Job Location: Reno, NV
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Cognos Connection Version 10.2 – Used as the primary reporting tool of the Data Warehouse. Potentially looking for assistance with Administration, Configuration of new reports, and remote training of users.
- The Senior Developer designs, develops, and maintains Dashboards/Metrics and Complex Reports for our customers.
- The Senior Developer performs in both a developmental and operational role.
- In the developmental role, the developer serves as a consultant to the customer, helping to identify dashboard/reporting needs, determine the best approach to producing the reports, and develops the reports.
- In the operational role, the Senior Developer will monitor the helpdesk and troubleshoot issues that arise around existing reports and data models.
- Assist the team in inew instance installation of the Cognos reporting tool.
- Develop Dashboards/Metrics reports using the Cognos connection10.2version
- Develop Complex reports for customers using Cognos Report Studio and Workspace Advanced.
- Develop Data Models in the reporting environment per customer requirements Cognos 10 CER Framework Model.
- Participate in the management of all scheduled jobs to build reporting objects in the environment.
- Publish all reporting objects to Production, including deployment through Development.
- Verify correctness and completeness of Cognos 10.2 Data Model and associated data relationships, mappings, and definitions.
- Provides technical assistance for users by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with the Cognos Modules.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues regarding reports generated
- Communicate and work with Support team to troubleshoot issues identified with the data model and resolve them.
- Assist in the Development of training programs for end users or technical support staff to use programs.
- Assist in the development and management of the security strategy within the model necessary to support day-to-day operations.
- Other related duties may also be assigned.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Cognos Connection 10.2 environment, its applications, core modules and key tables and content.
- 3 -5 years of experience in working with data warehouse products, integrate data from various source systems to data warehousing using ETL.
- 7-10 years experience using Cognos Report Studio.
- 3 Plus years experience using Cognos Work Space and Workspace Advanced.
- 5-7 years experience developing Dashboards/Metrics/Complex Reports in Cognos.
- Experience in creating reports, portal customization and performing unit testing.
- Certification with Cognos tool set is a plus.
- Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills.
- Experience working with large scale, complex system (data structure and usage, reporting requirements, interfaces with other systems) in a corporate setting.
- Experience with building dynamic dashboards and complex reports off TM1 a plus
- Bachelor's degree (BA) from a four-year college,
- Must be able to work independently, diligently and effectively communicate status of assigned projects.
- Must be able to manage assignments from requirements gatherings through design, development, smart testing and deployment.
- Must be comfortable working with all levels of management in a government contractor organization.