Configuration Manager (UC2)
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
Requisition Number 2018-7193
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Provide Configuration Management support to the Unit Command and Control (UC2) program office, which is within the Battle Management Directorate (AFLCMC/HB) at Hanscom Air Force Base, MA.
- Bachelor's degree and 3years of related work experience
- Experience on Dept of Defense or Air Force acquisition programs is highly desired.
- Experience with Configuration Management tools.
- Demonstrated characteristics of a self-starter who is able to work independently and effectively interact with program team members and senior leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Candidate must have an active US security clearance.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Configuration Manager (CM) duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for maintaining technical baselines, especially software baselines, of USAF systems in accordance with Dept of Defense and USAF guidance.
- Design, develop, and establish configuration management documentation based on prescribed standards, program requirements, and conventional best practices.
- Prepare documentation for, coordinate, and lead Configuration Control Boards (CCB).
- Conduct closeout actions and archive all CM documentation. Report CCB status to leadership.
- Assist in preparing and reviewing program/project documentation, e.g. Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Statement Of Objectives (SOOs), Statements-of-Work (SOWs), Performance Works Statements (PWS), System/Technical Requirements Documents (SRD/TRD), Contract Data Requirements Lists (CDRL), AF Form 1067s, etc. and assist in source selections for systems.
- Review and update CM plans periodically in accordance with USAF guidance.
- Develop process, then maintain and standardize technical performance matrices to include capturing update steps, configuration control considerations, and approval process. Develop process documents.
- Maintain configuration control of assessments developed by the technical team.