Responsible for configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems. Works on developmental and operational teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems. Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures. Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system. Implements CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life. Perform change control and configuration audits.
- Assists in the use of configuration management tools (e.g. DOORS, Eclipse) to store, track, and manage configuration items
- Understands basic concepts, assists in documenting hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures
- Assists in implementing hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures
- Understands basic concepts, assists in maintaining and developing the environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing and integration
- Assists in defining and implementing hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures; such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrating those scripts with the hardware and software build process
- Implements hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures
- Utilizes configuration management tools (e.g. DOORS, Eclipse) to store, track, and manage configuration items
Active TS/SCI with Polygraph is required.
- Two (2) years’ experience in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required
- Associate’s Degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Two (2) years of additional configuration management experience may be substituted for an Associate’s Degree