Odyssey Systems is recruiting for a Configuration Manager to join the team. This is a full-time role at Peterson Space Force Base in Colorado Springs, CO. The technical expert filling this position will be a trusted advisor and consultant to the government that supports government-led on-going and future sustainment, modification, and capability upgrade efforts across the NCMC-ITW/AA and Legacy Space C2 systems. A key focus for this position is the planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation, implementation, and integration of networks supporting these systems. This position will also support broader systems engineering activities associated with these systems.
Program: The NCMC-ITW/AA Branch sustains unique ITW/AA Cheyenne Mountain systems, networks, and associated components through an enterprise-wide set of integrated mission capabilities, support services, and data products that provide military authorities with an accurate, timely, unambiguous and continuous warning and attack assessment of air, missile and space threats. The Legacy Space C2 Branch sustains unique space command & control systems, networks, and associated components through an enterprise-wide set of integrated mission capabilities, support services, and data products that provide space situational awareness, object tracking, and deconfliction.
Duties include, but not limited to:
- Provide Configuration Management, Quality Assurance, Program/Project, Requirements Analysis, Risk Management, and Software Engineering support services in accordance with the program's Configuration Management Plan, AF SEAM Configuration Management processes, program development/sustainment contracts, and PMO practices throughout the life-cycle of CCIC2S and Legacy Space Enterprise systems.
- Working experience in managing configuration of software, engineering documents, design drawings, engineering changes and notices, and planning/conducting design audits to enable government ownership of the program technical baseline.
- Identifies configuration items, implements change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits.
- Regulates the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software, licenses, media, and other IT assets.
- Ensures that all baseline changes are approved by the appropriate change boards
- Tracks changes in product documents/software, controls standard operating procedures and current configurations.
- Experience to analyze the Development/Sustainment Contractor's CM program and data deliveries for accuracy, completeness, and compliance
- Experience working to process Government and Development/Sustainment Contractor correspondence and support the establishment of work flows and/or process/procedures
- Must have skills and experience necessary to work closely with program management, systems engineers, quality managers, and design engineers in an integrated product team environment.
- Assist the Government with configuration control for Engineering Review Panels (ERP) and IT systems. This shall include configuration planning, data analysis, maintenance of configuration documentation and data, and maintaining inventory/configuration status
- Manage configurations of software, engineering documents, design drawings, engineering changes and notices, and plan/conduct design audits. The contractor must have skills and experience necessary to work closely with program management, systems engineers, quality managers, and design engineers in an integrated product team environment.
- Maintain the CM environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing and integration.
- Apply concepts, define and implement hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures, such as creating product build scripts and procedures and integrating those scripts with the hardware and software build process.
- Assist the Government by facilitating Functional and Physical Configuration Audits (FCA/PCA) as required to verify that the work product meets the functional and physical requirements called out in the configuration baseline document.
- Manage a centralized problem reporting process to receive and maintain status of problem reports, record temporary work product fixes or modifications, and report open problems and temporary fixes to the owner.
- Track configuration status of all baselined work products and authorized changes to those products.
- Evaluate program direction and assess impact on the configuration baseline throughout each phase of the acquisition process.
- Collect, document, and distribute proposed changes to Configuration Control Board (CCB) members who review the proposed changes for completeness, impact, and any unstated impacts on other work products.
- Schedule and administer CCB to discuss proposed changes.
- Assist CCB Chair with evaluating proposed changes and provide results to change owners along with authorization to implement the changes that are approved.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Required Clearance: Must have and be able to maintain a valid DOD Secret clearance
- Required Education: High School Diploma or equivalent
- 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications, 8 of which must be in the DoD OR,
- BA/BS degree: 15 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 of which must be in the DoD OR,
- MA/MS: 12 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, 5 years of which must be in the DoD
- Possesses the advanced knowledge, experience and recognized ability to be considered an expert in their technical/professional field.
- Possess the ability to perform tasks and oversee the efforts of junior and mid-level personnel within the technical/professional discipline.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of their technical/professional discipline as well as possess a comprehensive understanding and ability to apply associated standards, procedures and practices in their area of expertise.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience performing baseline administrative activities for multiple environments
- Understanding of all phases of the software development life cycle
- Experience performing the technical administrative activities necessary to manage CM tools for inventory control, version control, data duplication, media labeling.
- Experience in the Atlassian suite of tools- JIRA/Bitbucket/Bamboo, Git source/version control and Gitlab, artifact repositories (e.g. Artifactory).
- Experience with base ClearCase (CC) and ClearQuest (CQ), performing: administrator tasks such as creating VOB, directory structures in CC, create CQ database for programs, queries, add rules and users in both tools.
- Creating, merging/inheriting and establishing new branching versioning, documentation processing and maintain a dedicated build machine to eliminate variable coding differences.
- Scripting experience.
- Experience performing Share Point administration tasks such as creating program directory structures, granting access, limiting access to general users, creating excel metric reports for capturing CCB agendas, minutes, document releases, archives and, directories, and internal links and documentation numbering and status.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of tool including Jira/Bitbucket/Confluence or Git Hub CM process
- Working knowledge of the following tools; Share Point, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Rational tool sets.
- Familiar with Python, Perl, or Batch scripts for Windows.
- Travel may be required (approx. 10-20%)