The candidate will be responsible for configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems. The candidate will work on developmental and operational teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems. Uses or recommends automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures. Develops or modifies CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to the complexity and scope of the developmental or operational system. Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements/capabilities baselines to system end-of-life. Perform change control and configuration audits.
- Assist in implementing hardware and software version control processes, policies, and procedures
- Assist in the use of configuration management tools to store, track, and manage configuration items
- Understand basic concepts and assist in documenting hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures
- Understand basic concepts, assist in maintaining and developing the CM environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing, and integration
- Apply concepts and define and implement hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures, such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrate those scripts with the hardware and software to build process
- Ensure hardware and software version control processes, policies and procedures are followed on hardware and software development projects
- Manage, maintain and develop the CM environment for hardware and software product build, staging, testing and integration
- Work independently and defines and implement hardware and software configuration management processes and procedures, such as creating product build scripts and procedures, and integrate those scripts with the hardware and software build process
Active Top Secret Clearance with polygraph required
- Eight (8) years of experience as a CM in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline from an accredited college or university is required
- Note: A Master's degree may be substituted for two (2) years of experience, thereby reducing the total years of experience to six (6)
- Note: Four (4) years of additional configuration management (CM) experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree
- If assigned to a developmental program, one (1) year of experience using a source code control system for a developmental program of similar scope and complexity is required.