Job Summary: Under the direction and guidance of the Manager of Engineering, the Configuration Manager is responsible for planning, directing, implementing all Configuration Management requirements, including logging and maintaining drawings and documentation within the company’s data repository software, Visual SourceSafe and Autodesk Vault. Provide technical and functional support to Program and Operations Department areas to facilitate the implementation of U.S. Navy and industry contractual requirements within Program technical, cost and schedule objectives.
- Ensure that all production and engineering development drawings and documents are properly logged into the company’s data repositories prior to product delivery.
- Perform data repository gatekeeper function for production database revision activities, including documentation revision level configuration tracking.
- Control Engineering Revision Notice (ERN) document review, issuance, and tracking for production products.
- Perform Configuration Change Control Board (CCB) Secretariat duties including scheduling CCB meetings, recording CCB minutes, and tracking CCB action items.
- Process changes to Quality Management System (QMS) and maintain controlled copies of released documents.
- Review all approved ERNs for production and coordinate the incorporation of applicable drawing and documentation changes into the company’s data repositories. This activity will include control of both internally and externally (subcontracted design services) created documentation.
- Develop monthly ERN aging reports.
- Develops top-down master data lists that accurately define configuration baselines.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Formalize and enforce company’s Configuration Change Management Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) defining methods for both engineering development and production phases of drawing and document control.
- Coordinate with Operations, Subcontracts, Contracts, Purchasing, and Program Management to determine hardware/software/firmware impacts as a result of implementing ERNs on open purchase orders, work in process, and completed products, including customer notification, if necessary.
- Promote cordial relationships and foster and maintain a favorable business profile with customers, suppliers, co-workers, industry and professional associations, government agencies and the local community.
- May perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences or relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required, Associate degree or equivalent experience, Bachelors degree preferred.
- Four (4) years experience working in production control, production administration, configuration and/or data management.