Job Description Your new career awaits you at BAE Systems!BAE Systems
, a top-ten prime contractor
to the U.S. Department of Defense, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. We have more than 80 locations across the U.S. and in Afghanistan, Djibouti, Germany, Japan, Korea, Thailand and the United Kingdom.
At BAE Systems
, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
If you are a Configuration Manager
, we want to speak with you. Become part of a team that provides technical support for a large scale, global network. Responsible for designing and delivering enterprise services to geographically dispersed customers on classified networks. Experience must include knowledge of configuration management processes and systems engineering standards with industry experience. Assigned tasks will be technically challenging, focused on configuration management, deployment, and ongoing operations under the direction of technical leadership. Other duties may include analyzing, developing, debugging, and testing software solutions in an agile, cloud based, and continuous development environment. Must be proficient at capturing overall system status and reflecting risk through Plan of Action and Milestones (PoAM) process, and ensuring information assurance processes and requirements do not put operational capability of the system at risk. Effective interpersonal and communication skills are required to perform well as a member of a rapid paced, cross-functional team environment.
Must have a TS/SCI Clearance and willing to obtain a CI polygraph.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
We are actively seeking a Configuration Manager with a minimum of 6 years' experience. Bachelor's or Master's Degrees are preferred in one or more of the disciplines described below where specific skills may include the following...
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Configuration management (CM) of developmental and operational systems
- Identification of configuration items, implementing change control, configuration status accounting, and configuration audits
- Working on teams to create and maintain software, hardware, and documentation configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.)
- Developing and updating CM plans, policies, and procedures tailored to scope of the developmental or operational system
- Regulating the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents and related software, licenses, media, and other IT assets
- Ensuring all changes to the baselines go through appropriate change boards
- Tracking all problems and changes in product documents/software and reports changes, controls standard operating procedures and current configurations
- Using or recommending automated CM tools to implement CM policies and procedures
- Linux (Red Hat / CentOS)
- Shell scripting
- Experience with Puppet, SCCM, Salt, etc.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Security Development Operations (SecDevOps)
- Cloud experience (AWS, Azure, etc.)
- Ability to work with large amount of data
- Knowledge of Configuration Management tools including Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jenkins or equivalent
- Excellent time management, decision-making, interpersonal, and organizational skills
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.