General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide
We have an exciting opportunity for a Configuration Management Specialist SME to join our team located in Rancho Bernardo, San Diego, CA.
Under the general direction, this position coordinates and administers assigned configuration management activities relative to identification, control and accounting for systems and/or equipment in accordance with contractual requirements. Participates in the development of and assists in monitoring the procedures for changes to engineering documents and configuration management processes for assigned organization and programs. Reviews and analyzes engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities. Ensures customer requirements are implemented and reviews change accounting activity to ensure compliance with configuration management policies. May participate in the review of configuration management activity with management and customer representatives and may provide direction to less experienced staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews and analyzes change data to bridge any information gaps at the initial change request phase through the progression of the change life cycle, with an emphasis on hardware changes and baseline identification.
- Work with various groups such as engineering, quality assurance, logistics, material control and manufacturing to gather information needed to ensure change data is clear, concise and valid.
- Participates in change control boards to provide configuration management guidance on areas such as re-identification, drawing practice based on ASME Y14.100, sustainability impacts, effectivity and disposition.
- Coordinates and administers configuration management activities related to identification, control, baseline identification, configuration status reporting and accounting for engineering documents for systems and/or equipment in accordance with MIL-HDBK-61A, ANSI/EIA 649-B-2011 and contractual requirements.
- Establishes and maintains procedures to implement and process engineering documents for all assigned projects to ensure compliance with policies and scheduling requirements.
- Reviews work project notifications to assure accuracy of current contractual reporting requirements.
- Establishes and maintains procedures for storage, retention and destruction of company records, processing, filming, storing and retrieving current and historical design, technical and programmatic documents according to project, customer and company practices and requirements.
- May participate in the selection, development and training of staff.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in safe manner in accordance with established operating practices and procedures.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related discipline and six or more years of progressive government management experience. Equivalent professional government or commercial configuration management experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a complete understanding of configuration management concepts and principles, and related governmental rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of SAP is preferred but not required.
- Must possess:
- The ability to identify issues and develop solutions to a variety of problems of diverse scope and complexity
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills accurately document, report, and present findings to a variety of audiences including senior management and senior external parties
- Strong interpersonal skills to influence all levels of employees, including senior managers
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information
- The ability to initiate, plan, and manage project; and strong computer skills
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance is required.