The Configuration Management Specialist will provide IT analysis support, management, and administration for IT environments, to include planning IT projects and activities, providing expertise in a wide range of network, system, software, and communications areas. Leverages knowledge of complex IT environments to support development of policies, procedures, and plans for IT security and architecture.
Individual must be able to attain and maintain a valid US Government security clearance to be retained in the position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports the configuration management functional support for standardized planning, design, implementation, installation, O&M, and documentation of configuration hardware and software baselines, network diagrams, and physical elevation diagrams.
- Provides system desktop administration and help desk support to customers. Installs, configures, and administers Windows servers and desktop computers.
- Conducts site surveys and create drawings in the CAD-CAM system of all buildings with communications equipment and installation work requests to identify available facilities, materials and required equipment.
- Prepares various drawings of computer models such units as construction projects or parts and assemblies, including various views, sectional profiles, irregular or reverse curves, hidden lines, and small or intricate details.
- Provides day-to-day support operations for current and future information technology services
- Prepares information papers and reports.
- Ensures all paperwork such as required forms, records, and files pertaining to assigned work are maintained.
- Responds to telephone, written and verbal inquiries by using standard operating procedures.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT-related field
- 7 years of experience required
- DoD 8570 Baseline Certification; IAT Level II: Security+ or Project+
Skill & Certification Requirements
- Security+ or Project+ certifications
- Configuration Management
- Redline drawings
- AutoCAD training
- Position requires sitting, for long periods of time. (Sedentary Work)
- Most duties require extended use of a keyboard and computer monitor
- Extended Telephone Use
- May require lifting of 20-50 lbs
- LCI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled