General Atomics Aeronautical Systems, Inc. (GA-ASI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a world leader in proven, reliable remotely piloted aircraft and tactical reconnaissance radars, as well as advanced high-resolution surveillance systems.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mid-Level Configuration Management Specialist in our Configuration Management group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Will participate in change control boards (CCB) and enters data into MRP system as a result of CCB decisions.
- Participates in reviewing engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality assurance and manufacturing to ensure compliance with customer requirements and Company policy.
- Administers configuration management activities related to identification, control and accounting for engineering documents for systems and/or equipment in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Maintains procedures to implement and processes engineering documents for all assigned projects to ensure compliance with policies and scheduling requirements.
- Reviews work project notifications to assure the accuracy of current contractual reporting requirements.
- Maintains procedures for storage, retention and destruction of company records, processing, filming, storing and retrieving current and historical design, technical and programmatic documents according to project, customer and company practices and requirements.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating practices and procedures. Additional Functions Other duties as assigned or required.
- Experience and knowledge of Windchill PLM software
- Experience with MS Office applications with an emphasis on Word and Excel
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree in Business aAministration, engineering, or related discipline and three or more years of progressive government or commercial configuration management experience. Equivalent professional government or commercial configuration management experience may be substituted in lieu of education.
- Must have a general understanding of configuration management concepts and principles, related governmental rules and regulations and experience demonstrating a general application of those concepts and principles.
- Must possess:
- The ability to participate in the development of new concepts and communicate and apply them accurately throughout an evolving environment
- Organization skills to coordinate work phases
- The ability to determine the appropriate approach at the task or project level and provide solutions to moderately complex proposal problems
- Good communication, documentation, presentation and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of employees and management
- The ability to represent the organization on proposal matters with external customers.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
- Must be a US citizen