This position supports the establishment and sustainment of DLA LANs as the agency progresses toward an enterprise approach to network communications. The Configuration Management Specialist works closely with quality assurance and management representatives to ensure an accurate and well-documented product baseline and develops and maintains the necessary processes and procedures required to identify, control, track, and verify Configuration Items (CIs) including all relevant DLA LAN configuration artifacts.
The Configuration Management Specialist is responsible for:
- Providing configuration management expertise and support in planning, documenting, implementing, executing, and monitoring configuration management processes and procedures for Configuration Identification, Configuration Status Accounting, Configuration Verification and Auditing, and Configuration Change Control.
- Developing and maintaining the necessary processes and procedures required to identify, control, track, and verify CIs including all relevant DLA LAN artifacts.
- Tracking all adds, moves, and changes to the DLA LAN systems and equipment.
- Providing annual reviews of design drawings.
- Completing a configuration audit of impacted design drawings after each CR, DW or break-fix action has been implemented.
- Reviewing Change Proposals (CPs) and Change Requests (CRs) annually.
- Supporting monthly briefs on the DLA LAN reporting on status, action items, and identified issues.
- Creating, maintaining, and distributing relevant DLA documentation using Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, and Adobe LiveCycle.
- Maintaining the DLA Library to include controlling access rights, developing a filing system and archiving documents as necessary.
- Managing a library of DLA LAN configuration artifacts.
- Facilitating the DLA LAN Configuration Control Working Group (CCWG) and briefing at the NTS CCWG to gain approval for DLA LAN CRs.
- Facilitating the approval of DLA LAN CRs in accordance with CM Process.
- Utilizing the NTS Operations Center and Enterprise instances of Remedy to track and coordinate DLA LAN CRs and identify potential impacts of other Enterprise initiatives on the DLA LAN.
- Monitoring and tracking Network Scheduled Outages (NSOs) and reviewing Change Reports to ensure all planned and actual modifications of the DLA LAN coincide with approved CRs.
- Providing projected change request costs for next fiscal year.
- Providing known DLA LAN initiative project costs for next fiscal year.
- Baselining all CIs and identify in accordance with the CM Plan.
- Updating CONUS and OCONUS maps bi-monthly – Location DLA LAN/NeMO File Share.
- Loading and managing documentation on the NeMO File Share to include CCWG agenda and minutes, DLA LAN maps, CM documentation and approved CRs and DWs.
- Processing and tracking DWs.
The selected candidate must demonstrate:
- Ability to establish and/or maintain a system to record modifications to hardware, software or documentation.
- Ability to maintain allocated, functional and physical baseline control and ability to perform audit support.
- Assists with the review of engineering change requests to assess impact upon configuration baseline and logistics support elements. Maintains configuration control records and technical documents.
- SECRET clearance
- 5 years of experience
- A nationally recognized configuration management certification
- IAM-II Certification (CAP, CASP CE, CISM, CISSP, or GSLC)