The Boeing Phantom Works division is seeking a Configuration Manager and Product Integration Engineer to work on a developmental ground system for the Air Force. This role requires assuming responsibility for the configuration control of large complex hardware and software baselines. This includes running the configuration control boards, transferring or installing approved versions of software and data, keeping accurate hardware inventory, developing configuration management processes, ensuring configuration management process compliance, and auditing the accuracy of baseline including hardware, software, and documentation. Additionally, the chosen candidate will participate in conducting trades or selecting appropriate tools to manage the baseline configuration.
The system is being developed by a consortium of aerospace companies. It is critical to be able to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment to ensure the integrity of the baseline for consortium members and 3rd party contributors. Individual must be self-motivated, reliable, and have the ability to initiate tasks independently as this is a field service position.
The program located at a government facility near Sacramento, California.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
• Establish and document baseline configurations for information systems and system components including hardware components, software components, network configurations, tool configurations.
• Help identify and organize the artifacts that define the system baseline
• Be responsible for monitoring the baseline configurations for information systems (through automated or manual means) by using hardware and software inventory tools, configuration management tools, and network management tools.
• Transfer and install software on virtual machines or bare metal on a complex multi-level secure system in accordance with approved security procedures.
• Provide feedback to development teams about installation and checkout procedures
• Plan, coordinate and report on Configuration Change Boards and auditing activities.
• Perform/facilitate the transfer of data from media or computer systems.
• Aid in the restoration of complex computing service operations by retrieving prior baseline configurations.
• Perform complex system trades and develop system change proposals.
• Lead the development of improvements to configuration management processes and document them in the Configuration Management Plan
• Assure the integration of product elements, analyze and resolve complex issues with the engineering product structure.
• Develop, integrate and implement engineering technical program plans including impacts, risks and incorporation of lessons learned.
• Travel to other sites/locations occasionally.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
• Demonstrate DoD 8570 or DoD 8140 compliance. (e.g. Security + certification)
• Experience and familiarity with managing hardware, software, and documentation components with complex structures.
• Experience with configuration control for large complex systems.
• Ability to communicate processes or proposals verbally and in writing.
• This position requires an active Top Secret / SCI U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active) and has been investigated within the past 5 years
• Ability to obtain program clearances
• Experience with large scale enterprise computing systems with multiple classification levels and external interfaces
• Experience performing basic system administration tasks on with Windows and Linux operating systems
• Experience with Information Assurance policies and procedures and the ability to apply IA requirements to an existing system.
• Security engineering skills with a working knowledge of Information Assurance (IA) technology, NIST standards, DoDI 8500.2 and SP 800-53.
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is located in Sacramento, California and does not offer relocation assistance. If you do not currently reside in or near this location, you must be willing to relocate at your own expense.
Job ID 1700015746