San Diego, CA
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 48 days ago
Configuration Management Analyst (Job Number:439756)
SAIC is seeking a Configuration Management (CM) Analyst. The analyst will perform the following: Develop and maintain configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and delivery of both internally and externally developed or purchased systems and software. Performs configuration management and release engineering tasks to ensure new product operating parameters are documented, comply with standard hardware configurations, and are logistically sustainable. May develop configuration standards for project-wide use. May train team members in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards. Will be responsible for leading the configuration management (CM) Enterprise Change Request (ECR) processes within the Naval Messaging IPT, in accordance with the Program Executive Office Command, Control, Communications, Computer and Intelligence (PEO C4I) modernization Concept of Operations (CONOPS) and the Life Cycle Configuration Management Implementation Manual (LCCMIM).
- Participate in configuration review board meetings and coordinate changes with program managers, ECR leads, engineers, cyber security team, subject matter experts (SME), contractors and stakeholders to ensure compliance with customer requirements and CM policies scheduling requirements.
- Create and manage configuration changes associated with product enhancements; major/ minor releases, security patches, and software maintenance through all stages to ensure all necessary fields, information and documentation are performed at each stage prior to stage advancement.
- Coordinate with review board to ensure all more Configuration Control Boards (CCB) and Platform Technical Review Board (PTRB).
- Collaborate with trainers, system engineers and developers on project related deliverables for internal review prior to CCB.
- Produce and release CM weekly status reports to program managers, stakeholders all other associated affiliates.
- Enforce Configuration Management best practices and guidelines as outlined in the CONOPS and LCCMIM.
- Assist new CMPro users on basic configuration management practices.
- Develop and maintain system baselines in CMPro.
- Develop and manage the CM workflows CMPro.
- Active Secret Clearance.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in a related field (equivalent years of experience (4 years) accepted in lieu of degree).
- Candidates will have 5 years of CM related experience.
- Configuration Management Principles & Implementation Certification (CMPIC)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $4.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see My SAIC Benefits. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability