Configuration Management Analyst
LGS Innovations, a leader in solving the most complex networking and communications challenges, is seeking a Configuration Management Analyst for our Herndon, VA or High Point, NC office location.
In this position you will: Under limited direction, maintain, manage and continuously improve the configuration management of all aspects of complex systems throughout their entire lifecycle (conception, development, deployment, operations and maintenance, transition/end-of-life). This may include computer systems, networks and their configurations, software and hardware development and delivery, physical infrastructure, and on-going maintenance of systems at multiple, geographically disparate locations.
LGS Innovations solves the most complex networking and communications challenges facing the U.S. Federal Government, state and local governments, foreign governments, and commercial organizations worldwide. LGS delivers groundbreaking research, and advanced networking and communications solutions that provide an information advantage that contributes to the mission and operational success of its customers. LGS Innovations is a U.S.-owned company headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, with offices nationwide. We provide our employees with competitive compensation packages and a full range of benefits, including vacation, medical, dental, life insurance, a 401(k) plan, tuition assistance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), and paid parental leave.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Implement CM discipline for the entire life cycle of systems from initial requirements development to system end-of-life. Responsible for and perform CM disciplines in the areas of identification, change control, status accounting, verification (release management), auditing, and reporting
- Define Configuration Management (CM) Processes, Procedures, and Plan for the project, providing configuration, data and change management solutions for all project artifacts and deployed operational systems at multiple geographically diverse locations. This includes CM of both internally developed and externally purchased (commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS)) software and hardware products.
- Review contract to determine configuration documentation required for each phase of project, applying knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes.
- Use or recommend automated CM tools to maintain configuration data, implement CM policies and procedures, and administer version control systems.
- Work with multi-functional development and operations teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems
- Assists in documenting and tracking routine aspects of hardware and/or software development and modification
- Provide solutions supporting parallel development or deployment and facilitate product branching and merging activities
- Manage Technical Data Packages from requirements inception to operations and maintenance of the final system. This may include engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules, test reports and technical reviews.
- Coordinate, prepare, and conduct Configuration Control Boards
- Perform change control tasks which include supporting and facilitating change board meetings, analyzing proposed changes to determine impacts, maintaining change records and baselines.
- Review and analyze released engineering change data and coordinate changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities.
- Make changes to established master files of contractually required technical data, verify authorization for and incorporate all changes or additions to them.
- Responsible for Configuration Status Accounting (CSA). The CSA will record and report information needed to manage configuration items (hardware and/or software), including records of the approved configuration documentation, identification numbers, status of proposed changes, deviations, and waivers.
- Generate CSA Reports and interface with internal and external customers as it relates to CSA, including reconciliation of delivered products and their configurations.
- Support release engineers with development of Build Notes, Release Notes, and Version Description Document (VDD)
- As required, perform build procedures and releaseengineering tasks for software products.
- Work across multiple organizations to monitor and control their work specific CM processes; conduct regular configuration audits across this environment
- Prepare reports and briefings for both internal and external customers; monitor and report on configuration status to project and technical management teams
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Travel to other LGS Locations or Customer Sites as necessary
- Understand and adhere to all LGS Ethical and Compliance policies
- Proactively ensure a safe work environment and adhere to LGS EH&S policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as required
- If required, obtain/retain a government security clearance at the level to perform the job
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline and 4-6 years of related experience in hardware and software configuration management, data management, change/release management, and configuration status accounting and reporting
- Must have knowledge of full-lifecycle software and hardware, documentation, and all aspects of Configuration Management including planning, identification, control, status accounting, reporting, and auditing in a process driven environment.
- Experience with documenting and implementing hardware and software configuration management and developing environments for hardware and software product build, staging, testing and integration
- Experience in configuration management/software configuration management tools, practices, and procedures, to include the following Software Configuration Management Tools (GIT, ClearCase, Subversion, etc.)
- Experience supporting continuous integration and nightly builds
- Ability to train software developers in the use of configuration management tools and the implementation of software quality standards
- Demonstrated experience in the process of installing software builds, controlling parallel development environments, tracking Software Changes
- Must have experience with data and document management, to include requirements management, product/version control, technical packages (e.g. engineering drawings) and processing change requests
- Must have experience with Configuration Status Accounting, Reporting, and Report Processing, to include Engineering and Manufacturing processes
- Use of Baseline Management including: Configuration Management, Data Management, and Change Management
- Experience managing complex system configurations simultaneously at multiple locations; this may include the CM of systems, their supporting communications networks and otherinfrastructure
- Experience with MS Office suite of tools (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Knowledge of CAD drawing and manufacturing documentation is beneficial
- Experience with maintaining tools using programming, database or scriptinglanguages to improve configuration management
- Previous experience in a CM Team Lead position
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled.