Title: Configuration Analyst/Technician
Location : West Chester Township, OH
Description / Summary
- The Configuration Technician is responsible, by definition, for the configuration of all devices placed at CNS client sites.
- This includes firewall/routers, layer 2 and layer 3 enabled switches, Access Points (AP), cellular routers, Uninterruptible Power Supplies, and other devices deployed by CNS.
- The Technician will use both command line interface (CLI) and graphical user interface (GUI) to build and modify device settings.
- The Technical will also assist the Network Engineers in building R&D and client specific laboratories.
General Job Requirements
- Use laptop connectivity to configure routers, firewalls, AP and switches.
- Use Putty or HyperTerminal type client software to enter command line statements via serial interface to the routers, firewalls, etc.
- Troubleshoot issues with network equipment to initiate Return Merchandise Authorizations (RMA) with device manufacturers.
- Submit Manufacturer Support Tickets and work with their Support Technicians to resolve equipment problems.
- Prioritize and manage Project Team requests for equipment configuration.
- Assist Network Engineers in developing and testing the production device configurations.
- Build Client configuration procedure documents to augment Engineering provided documentation.
- Coordinate with the NOC/Help Desk to solve configuration problems and troubleshoot client installation problems.
- Configure Windows7+ OS on laptop and desktop computers.
General Skill Sets:
- General understanding of ISOnetwork layers and level 3 device configurations
- General understanding of WiFi protocols and devices.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel and Word) software.
- Certifications (Desired, but not required):CCENT or better
- Network Device (firewall, router, AP and switch) Manufacturer certifications
- Associates degree in a related field
- Generally requires 1 to 3years related experience