The Conference and Workplace Experience Leader will manage all activities related to existing conference and meeting room reservations, setup/breakdown, catering, and technology requirements. This position will also develop the operational plan for a future conference services center within the NBA's offices. The Conference and Workplace Experience Leader must perform and lead with focus on operational efficiencies while providing seamless employee and guest experiences.
- Manage existing conferencing and meeting requirements, including; room checks/maintenance requests, reservations, guest registration/arrival, room setup, and catering.
- Act as the main contact and manage all employee conferencing needs and provide quick reaction to issues - including room conflict resolution, AV, IT, and catering needs.
- Manage existing procedures while also developing new processes and systems for conference services, including a customized conferencing concierge program providing the highest level of customer service to employees and guests.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
- Establish a plan and develop requirements for the management of future state conference services center.
- Conduct town hall or other necessary meetings or communication plans with employees to market and roll out new customer service focused conferencing policies and procedures.
- Special projects/meeting coordination as required.
Required Experience & Knowledge:
- Five years' experience in the hospitality industry with at least three years of that experience at a management level for Corporate Conference Centers or Conference Center Resorts.
- Experience in developing customer service focused conferencing policies and procedures as well as developing/managing operational plans, financials and budgets associated with conference service centers.
- Previous positions where responsibilities included conference planning, conference floor management and knowledge/understanding of audiovisual technology and catering needs.
- Must have positive, outwardly hospitable attitude with strong organizational skills and ability to maintain professional composure under high stress situation.
- Ability to work overtime on short notice; flexible with work schedule.
- Experience in a high profile, fast-paced media and entertainment company preferred.
Educational Background Required:
College degree in Hospitality Management or have an extensive background in conference management.
REQ ID: 485