This position includes serving as a regional leader to advance Condition Assessment services in the BV East Region, with support throughout the US and Canada. In addition, it is preferable that the candidate be able to support other Planning + Asset Management Communities of Practice such as distribution and collection; stormwater, supply, risk assessment, business intelligence, and information systems. The role includes a blend of business development, project management, technical activities, and team building. The position will focus on the following:
Business and Opportunity Development
- Promote the Condition Assessment practice to external clients through client meetings (initiated through our client development network or through individual contacts)
- Promote the Condition Assessment practice to the BV Client Director/Project manager network and work with BV business development staff to uncover opportunities, pre-position for projects, create competitive differentiators, prepare proposals and presentations, and close opportunities
- Has relationships with key clients, decision makers, and other stakeholders and converts these relationships into new opportunities.
- Aid in the creation of opportunities for follow-on services beyond Condition Assessment components where the full capabilities of B&V can be integrated and leveraged. These capabilities include design, construction, program management, data analytics, energy, telecom, and other holistic solutions.
Project Technical Oversight and Delivery
- Manage technical work by being an interface between clients and staff, promote quality, mentor staff, and prepare deliverables
- Performs technical work in support of core condition assessment, rehabilitation, and aging infrastructure projects.
- Serves as a Project Manager, Engineering Manager or Technical Leader on strategic projects.
- Supports oversight on local projects to make sure budget and schedule metrics are achieved.
Practice Development and Alignment
- Understand local/regional condition assessment needs and work with Planning and Asset Management Business Line leaders to align services and team growth and technical capability to meet these needs
- Work with Planning & Asset Management team leadership to expand integrated service offerings.
Responsible for setting hiring priorities and identifying candidates. Supervises technical staff for yearly performance. Mentors staff on longer-term career growth.
- 20+ years of client development and project execution experience with proven ability in condition assessment and planning & asset management work
- Professional Engineering registration in at least one state in the BV East Region
- Experience in a client-facing/business development role
- Recognized Condition Assessment Leader in the market with knowledge of regional drivers, client needs, and other market influencers
- Experience leading project teams and executing Condition Assessment projects
- Experience identifying, developing, and winning Condition Assessment projects
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 11 years related work experience. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.