At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That’s why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The Condition Assessment Lead will provide specialized technical services related to condition assessment, rehabilitation and consultation to a variety of public and private clients, with emphasis on both water and wastewater clients. This person will work with technical client issues relating to corrosion concerns and provide technical resolve to problems in corrosion control affecting design operation and maintenance in but not limited to the water industry.The person will be responsible for:
- Coordination, monitoring and improvement of technical competencies of business class staff and products to meet client needs and market drivers, all within direction and goals of business class plans
- Participate in delivery of project services to meet client expectations
- Participate in business class practice and professional discipline groups, project teams and activities to continually improve standards and best practices, and mplement effective quality assurance and quality control reviews
- •Participate in business class strategic planning, budgeting and plan implementation
- Planning and implementing condition assessment technologies and programs for infrastructure assets.
- Design and specification of cathodic protection systems and coating/lining systems for pipelines, reservoirs and various otherinfrastructures.
- Field engineering, construction/startup support for condition assessment, failure analyses, and corrosion control projects.
- Design, development, and testing of corrosion monitoring and control systems.
- Specification of materials for construction for corrosion control.
- Review and analyze condition assessment and corrosion data.
- Independently coordinates the work of project engineers and the balance of the planning team throughout the entire projects development.
- Establishes client relations and is involved with the marketing contractual design and production meetings.
- Coordinate workload through the entire project development.
- Track the financial aspects of the projects and coordinates and adjusts the work effort with the team to ensure that the work is completed within the parameters of the agreed to scope, schedule and budget.
- Works with the Business/Accounting Manager or Project Controller and the Managing Principal for project reviews and project management conformance.
- Strong technical writing skills are required.
- Strong client and project management skills.
- Candidate must be able to travel.
Keywords: Corrosion, Project Manager, water, NACE CP-4, cathodic protection
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and a minimum of a NACE CP-4 Certification is required. PE license is desired. 10+ years’ condition assessment, corrosion control and failure analysis, and mitigation project management and planning are required. Committed to quality, improvement and HDR values. An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
At HDR, we know work isn’t only about who you work for; it’s also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other’s contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.